Don's double flute downdraft attempt

Here is what I am up to so far.

3 Likes

Remember the tank I showed a while back?

I decided to try this with it.

Here is what it looks like so far.

21 Likes

Damn Don l feel like not posting any more pics of my ugly junkyard build, this looks amazing! Took some work didnt it… It looks similar to what lm building, just biger. Whats the plan with it?

7 Likes

Don that looks like a work of art! All the best for this build.

3 Likes

Hey Bob, add one more to the race! :joy:

4 Likes

Don, what will it be feeding? S10 again, or is there another set of wheels we haven’t seen yet?

4 Likes

It is not as big as it looks in the picture. 20" (51 cm) diameter and 34" (86 cm) tall. I’m thinking standby generator. No worries about stale gasoline and cold weather starting.

9 Likes

Now you got me thinking … I might throw it in the bed of the s10 and plumb it into the cooler to see if it would run it. :grin:

9 Likes

Whats the displacment of the S10 engine Don?

2 Likes

He has the 2.2 Liter i4

2 Likes

Don, what fuel do you aim at with this?

2 Likes

2.2l displacement.
engine grade charcoal with 15% water by weight.

6 Likes

Oh, l almost forgot Don! Your question from a few days back. I weighted the wet charcoal from the other day.

Thats one liter of charcoal. Dry charcoal l wuld expect to weight around 180g. So… Thats like 130% moisture :smile: if thats not brutal l dont know what is :smile:

11 Likes

wow. I am surprised that even caught fire. Are you sticking with nozzles point a little up?

3 Likes

Me too. And that it made useable gas!

Yes. For now l got them up maybee 30deg up from horisontal plane. Whats your plan?

3 Likes

Don, that is a amazing build. I’m hiding mine behind the barn. Oh wait I don’t have a barn. Yup, I lost this race too. Last place or not, we will all need lemons just to get rid of the SWEM on our faces.
I know Matt building something all the time I forgot to mention him.

Bob

6 Likes

I have them adjustable from the front of the unit so I will be playing with it. I am leaning to point down a little to maybe protect the nozzles more. I do not have height adjustment like you do.

4 Likes

Don do you have pictures of your building this unit. Love them pictures,
Bob

4 Likes

Everything everyone has already said about your build Don plus 5 stars and 2 thumbs up from me .
Dave

5 Likes

This is the slit nozzle I am working on.
https://youtu.be/Mf1ixVD4Ae4

15 Likes