Don's double flute downdraft attempt

Cody,
Koen posted a link to a spreadsheet for calculating nozzle size a few years ago on the Nozzles for Charcoal Gasifier’s thread at post 50.

6 Likes

Hi Don you can just open your blower isolation valve a little and use the 1/2" valve to fine tune your air for generating load adjustments.
Nice double flute charcoal gasifer and Genset build.
Bob

7 Likes

Mr Don , you have done a good job , neat precise workmanship , may it be a pleasure to you. :+1: :wave:

6 Likes

Don, very inspiring.
I’ve always wished you made more videos. It’s like waiting for Santa :smile:

9 Likes

Excellent design and workmanship. You have inspired me again

8 Likes

Fantastic build Don as always , once you have tried what Bob said or you replace the valve for a larger one i would be keen to get your thoughts on the power , of course the flat head are not so great power wise but still be interested in how you feel its working , my attempt was rubbish and i think that’s down to not cooling the gas down enough before going into the engine .
Dave

6 Likes

Hi Don , just wondering if you made any progress on your double flute unit yet like a larger air valve , and have you had a chance to run it in a real need situation yet ?

I’m keen to know why you abandoned the split in the nozzle for drilled holes ? i did a ground split in my single nozzle years ago and i found it a lot easier for cleaning away the slag build up and easier lighting too on my large container unit compared to when i had holes drilled in the tube .

Once again i would like to say what a very nice compact system you have created well done Don .

Dave

9 Likes