Don't repeat this please!😂

8 Likes

This why it is very important to make sure the breeze is blowing in the right direction when you load your hopper. Yikes that car is really smoked up inside. He needs a stronger sucking fan that’s for sure.
Bob

2 Likes

Any rats in the car will come out waving a white flag :smiley:

8 Likes

Ooooh l know that too well… its why you will have a hard time preswadeing me in to making a wood powered sedan again haha

4 Likes

Yup Kristijan your idea of a down type draft charcoal gasifer that can be mixed with a small amount of saw dust and small wood chips is a great idea. Cool and filter the gas and burn it in the engine. By the way how fine do you screen the fines out. I am using 3/8" or 1 cm. Screen.
Bob

1 Like

May be one could just auger in 5 or 10 wood chunks at a time intoo a WK style burn tube, gess it would save height space, though then it would eat up space from auger setup. An auger setup could save all the refueling difficulties for longer refuel times though.

1 Like

Good Morning Kevin,
The primary mistake I think they are discussing is that this man failed to air/gastight put in a fire proof metal wall separator between the back seat and the trunk /boot area.

And with his system he should even run with the trunk lid removed.

And just as obvious he is top-up refilling at the wrong time with too much raw hot smoking out fuel remaining.
Run the raw fuel level down.
Then open quickly. Rod down, gently. Bag dump in quickly. Close it back up.
S.U.

3 Likes

I just had to watch this video again. It is priceless.
Bob

3 Likes

Ok thanks steve i must of got off the main coarse on this topic.

2 Likes

This dont repeat this topic of gasifier in the trunk or hatch back with out a devide wall in car air tight. Sounds like my work shop wood burner with the botton exoust port. every time i open the door too refuel the wood , the garodge fills with smoke. I want too put burner outside next year, its just too smoky on the refills. Though i was thinking of putting a block shed out the side of the barn, so i can seal the door of wood burner too the outside, and still let the loss heat back in the barn. the block shed would eliminate any fire hazards.

1 Like

Hi Kevin , is this work shop wood burner a home made one or one you have had for a long time ?
Seems to me it be easier to just fix the fire as it must have a fault , the draft should be pulling on the fire from below and out the chimney , if its coming out as soon as you open the door maybe the flu has a partial blockage ?
photo’s of the fire ?

Dave

3 Likes

Kevin,
Have you tried making your chimney taller?

3 Likes

Hi dave or brian. i need too clean the tubes more often too keep the draft working better, i would rather have the door outside too vent the smoke, most of these gasifier type bottom draft units have a valve plate too vent smoke out a top chimney port when refueling with wood.Mine dont.

Thanks steve i havent tried extending the chimey yet, cause then i couldent reach too clean out chimney. My wood is not as dry as i hoped this year either.