DOW Driving Habits

The encyclopedia says that in general the European Red deer is about 4 1/2ft at the shoulder, 1.4m, but smaller in areas where heavily hunted. (Trophy harvesting will select for smaller animals). It also shows that north American elk range halfway through Asia.

2 Likes
6 Likes

Sounds like you were serious about not talking while driving. This was nice but I am not close to being tired of you talking!

4 Likes

Nice country slow drive and music, it sounded like i heard the song form, not sure what song or tune was saying. Allways enjoying your country drives, hopefully it will sunny up soon. Or i hope we dont have too dredge you al folks out of the atlantic. Keep on trucking the wood gas vidios, its a good feeling learning the skill of driveing with home made wood gas fuel.And the various wood gas converter designs.Thanks.

Hello Kevin .

Thanks for the comment

There is a little symbolizeum in the tune .

Here are the words .

12 Likes

Haha, when your mind turns from work, troubleshooting and technicalities to musik, poetry and symbolism you know things are going your way :smile:

6 Likes

Thanks wayne for the words too the tune from your wood gas drive vidio, i like that kind of music too ever now and again,Relaxing.

2 Likes

Many Thanks for the videos Wayne.

Sometimes there are my only sanity in the world in which I live and work. Iā€™ve barely had time to log on since Thanksgiving with the way work is going at the present. The economy is churning so hard, trains just keep coming and increasing in size. Looking forward to some warm weather, a day off when it comes and the welder in hand again. For all like me who have no time, but a determination to make it happen, your videos keep up the inspiration of how it we be one day to Drive on Wood.

Keep them coming, like Bob, I learn something new each time I watch them, never boringā€¦ever!

Bryan

7 Likes

Hello all.

There are several ways to get the ole wood burner fired up and rolling and this video is just one . We drove about 6 miles to our local Walmart and shut the gasifier down for about 45 min. Here I use gasoline to start travelling and let the gasifier catch up as I drive . Also my starting method will depend on how tight of place I am in, including traffic , speed and stop lights.

Sorry about the shaking camera .

6 Likes

Thanks Wayne
l guess i have mine figured our about right that is the exact same way i do mine. I could see your exact moves even with my eyes closed.
My truck just rolled over the 20k mark on wood.

6 Likes

Wood gas trucking, thats the way i have too work mine. Only i wish i bought the book before i bought a carburator truck, so slitly differnt on leaning the mix changing over too wood as explained in the real plans book, HAVE WOOD WILL TRAVEL. THANKS for the great book and cool vidios on how too drive on wood. One thing i noticed about alibama is it has half the population of michigan, less crowded i like them back woods roads. I dont have many miles driveing on wood but its real nice knowing i can brake off a few sticks and drive when i want even if i am 100 percent out of gasoline.Another nice vidio.I allso wont buy another truck unless its port fuel injected, i bought a car thats port fuel injected and plan on gasifying my grand am next from a small light trailer setup after useing extra towl filters after hay filter.Hopefully that car might be able for an intake exturnal torch cleanning.

3 Likes

gota love the hopper flash off a couple a hundred yards down the road . some times I wait till Iā€™m out of the city so there is less eyes on me.

2 Likes

Hi Paul i like your set up ladder rack,it blends in well with the wk drums alinement. when i built my non WK hopper heater it works ok, it needs insulating too try and keep so much heat from riseing around the top of the hopper area it seems a little too noticable the way it is non insulated, after i insulate i want too put ladder rack and ladder for home repair work.?#$@%. And maybe run a big truch muffler along side my hopper shed if i can find a nice chrome luvered muffler and use it.

2 Likes

Iā€™m reworking the ladder rack design it makes an erie howl at higher speeds and Iā€™m sure some wind drag . it does cool well though. I have come across another box that I will cut a third off and make everything go through the frame to lower the whole unit . now that the snow it at a record low I need to get started.

4 Likes

On my s10 i notched the burn tube house down the center, then i noticed the char pluging on the grate being close to the notch, so i had too split the grate down the center too make the char fall on each side of the notch, then i decided too put too exit pipes too help the char removel more even on both sides of the notch.it works ok but it should have been built about 3" longer too allow more time in between char cleen out, good luck on your mods.I have about 28" long hopper space not counting space lost with funnel, other than lowering the the space in the ash can its as close as it can be too a snug fit, and still empty ammo cans with out a car jack. I think below the roof line like the dakotas is best with less wind drag useing less wood in long run highway runner, my setup is above the roof about 5" though not much drag if put a wind buble on my cab though.

2 Likes

Hello all.

Here is a short video of me starting the dakota this morning with no gasoline at all. Keep in mind this is not my usual way of starting but it would be if there were no gasoline available . Also I think this is the first time I have started this particular vehicle this way with blowers only.

Sorry about me getting tongue tied .

11 Likes

thatā€™s a big reason to get a pusher blower or suction under the hood maybe this year .

2 Likes

We have fun over the pond too!

A nice 110kmh cruise (speedometer lyes for about 10kmh) down the big road, 100% charcoal.
I wanted to show the hopper temp guage l mounted, shows when its time for a refill.

SWEM

17 Likes

Thanks for the video Kristijan .

Keep them coming and keep smiling.

6 Likes

Nice ride you have there! How hot is it when you need to refuel?

5 Likes