DOW Driving Habits

I second what Bob Mac said, we all enjoy rideing along in the drive vidios.Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.The v10 sure works out good on wood generated fuel.

5 Likes

Out rambling and enjoying the day :smiley:

8 Likes

Hi Wayne, thanks for the DOW video in your truck. 45 * f temperature would be a nice warm day in Wenatchee, Washington, it stay warm in the 30’s * f just above freezing to melt the snow away slowly this passed week. Now I can get my wood burner out on the road again and drive up the hill from my place.
Bob

3 Likes

Hello Mr. Bob .

The 45F was early this morning . It is around 70F now with the windows and doors open.:smiley:

4 Likes

Hi Wayne, it almost made to 40 *f today, the windows and doors are closed, but I was out side with my coat, hat, and gloves off, but not for long. If we had winters like you all have down south the polar cap would melt and the coastal waters would rise. I am happy with colder winters up north.
Bob

5 Likes

We’re having a mild spell too, only minus 7C (19F) for the daytime high, low of minus 16 tonight. Practically shorts weather for this time of year. The ice is thick enough on the lakes to drive trucks out for ice fishing. (After a spell of minus 27 and minus 30 nights)… :smiley:

4 Likes

Very easy on the woodpiles over here. Melting temps for the most part so far. The lowland cluster of lakes, which are flowing towards Stockholm and into the Baltic sea, are flooding. 5 feet above normal.
Still waiting for winter.

4 Likes

Hi All it has been warm spell here in michigan too. we got hit early this winter with two storms with aroun 5" snow, it was nearly 50 f yesterday, only about 40 f today,Still see a few snow caps hear and there, felt like i moved south kind of winter, our two week indean sommer will soon enough turn back too old man winter.SWEM.

5 Likes

I hear a Colorado low is rolling through the Dakotas, missed us to the south, definitely snow and wind coming your way.

3 Likes

Its the holly days weekend leave the winy cold weather up there,in bear country.

3 Likes

Hello all .

It has been a while that I posted here so I will put up a very short clip of out on the big road this morning .

12 Likes

It is always a pleasure to take a video ride with you Wayne. My truck likes the 60 to 65 mph. range for cruising on the highway. At 70 mph plus it likes to use up the wood in the hopper more quickly. Hope you all have a great day.
Bob

4 Likes

Them dakotas really work out good on power too weight ratio.And your Have Wood Will Travel Book, Gasifier really runs good no tar at over 250.000 toltal between your trucks. Thanks for the wood gas vidio drive in the dakota as Bob Mack said enjoy the rides.I enjoy the entire wood gas crowd, and your design from your book has worked well for me allso, I am glad i found your plans when i did, as i was waisting my times trying too make a hydroxy generator work.

1 Like

Yesterday we had a visit from Billy North and Erika. ( it is not everyday one gets visitors in wood burners )

For 25 - 30 miles I showed them some back roads on their way home .

9 Likes

Thanks for the pic/vid, Wayne!
Nice company you have there. I wish I had someone to DOW-convoy with.

I guess we’re all familiar to Murphy’s law?
When I get days off to do some work in the woods this happens. Fortunately DOW is an all weather activity :smile:

12 Likes

Yes it is I have been doing it so much in the rain recently I am wondering if I need to start building a boat. :rofl::rofl:

7 Likes

It seems crazy but the boat in the movie The African Queen with Humphrey Bogart and Katherine Hepburn was a gasifier boat I was told, and not a steamboat. I do know it can be done. Who is going to be the first on the DOW site to do it?
SWEM on the water.
Bob

5 Likes

Friends of mine now living in the Philippines pointed this boat out to me. They live a short distance away and went to go see the boat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIhuCuK05OU.

2 Likes

JO, what kind of a lid design do you run now?

2 Likes

2:05 into the video you see the lid. It’s the “stove rope in grove” design. I haven’t made any modifications to it. Over time tar made the rope seal better and better.

7 Likes