DOW Driving Habits

Mr Wayne,
Congratulations to finding your belt. That made me think of a scene in a documentary I watched several years back. This farmers joy when finding one of his most precious effects is hard to misread :smile:

3 Likes

I can’t hear it running anymore, but i guess it is since it is moving.:joy::grin:

2 Likes

The last few days I have been doing a lot of DOW in the rain . Sure wish there were some way California could get some of this for there fires :frowning_face:

7 Likes

Thanks for the ride in the nice sounding V-10 Dodge Ram truck Wayne. We like to pave our roads with and combination of critters. The one I like least is skunks, they make it confusing on which side of the white line I should be driving on.
Bob

7 Likes

Hello all

I didn’t know where I should post this . I thought of putting it in ( a walk for the soul ) topic or maybe make a new thread ( a drive for the soul ) but I will just put it here.

Yesterday morning the wife and I went out for a nice drive just enjoying the the view. We would drive a while stop , walk around and enjoy Gods creations .

I loaded the hopper and took along 8 bags of wood at about 15 pounds to the bag. We drove 195 miles and used somewhere near 180 pounds of wood . We made about a dozen stops of 10 min to and hour which hurt the fuel economy but still got over a mile per pound.

Our goal was to stay on the back roads as much as possible and try to go to places we had never been and enjoy.

We went to the mountains then to the valleys and lakes and then back to another mountain . Kinda strange because two of the rivers we visited run on top of the mountain .

IMG_1023

IMG_1028

IMG_1031

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OepgrHG1UTsIMG_1035

IMG_1036

While we were in the north east part of the state we dropped in on a cattle auction to check the cattle prices .

A gold star to any one that can repeat every thing the auctioneer said !!

For about 20 miles we drove on the big road . The truck ran great !!

14 Likes

Thanks for the nice vidios, Its a soul ride on wood the back country for sure, and all ready got enough exersize chunking wood.Makeing hay while the sun shines. All them miles on 95 v8 dakota, great economy on wood NO gasoline, well earned drive.:camera::bridge_at_night:- NOW i want too make a drive vidio around this neac of the woods, Fun drive.

4 Likes

Thank you, Wayne ! Wonderful pics and vids.
I’ll quote TomC: “I’m so envious”

It’s 10:30 pm. Just got home from work. A 10F, 10 mile DOW. Good power in the cold. Noticed short bursts of lost vacuum in sharp turns. Coming home I drove into a poor soil part of the frosty lawn and opened the rear tank and hayfilter valves. According to the weather man the black pool of ice will be covered with snow tomorrow :disappointed_relieved:

7 Likes

First snow. DOWing home from work early morning.

15 Likes

The like is for the DOW ride, not the snow.

7 Likes

Good morning JO .

Thanks much for the DOW video .

What Jakob said about the snow . We had rather wade through rattle snakes than snow :grinning:

8 Likes

Thanks for the great morning ride. I was straining my eyes trying to see around those corners for you in the darkness. I really get into watching the DOW video rides.
Bob

8 Likes

I had to make a quick trip into B’ham yesterday and turned the camera on just for min.

7 Likes

DOW and SWEM

11 Likes

JO, I think YOU have become the most dedicated wood gas driver in our group, right behind that farmer from Alabama TomC

8 Likes

Hello JO

Thanks for the video .

I also find it fun to DRIVE BY those establishments :grinning:

I made a short video today showing the contrast of here and where you are but stayed out late DOW tonight and didn’t get it posted .

Maybe tomorrow .

6 Likes
6 Likes

Wayne, I avarage 100 pounds of wood a day into the boiler to keep those 70F indoors. And it’s still not even really cold outside :disappointed_relieved:

4 Likes

Thanks for the vidio Wayne, good too see you getting paid back with nicer weather, than the exstream heat from last summer, enjoy the mild weather. Stay Well.

3 Likes

Have wood will travel :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Hi Wayne, you do not have to say anything, just a ride with you on video is a joy. Happy Hanukkah the season of lights.
Bob

2 Likes