DOW Driving Habits

Brrrrr Wayne. You better layer up. 34F here and all the snow is gone. Getting close to beach weather. Pretty soon you will be able to hear the ski resort owners and snowmobile dealers crying and wailing all the way to Alabama.

8 Likes

We get this kind of weather you are speaking about. And right now I am looking forward to that weather getting back here where I live.
Bob

2 Likes

Iā€™ve got a buddy up in Iowa, he says they only get two seasons.

Winter, and Road Construction.

12 Likes

We get winter and prepare for winter. Of course there is a couple of months of sweltering 80ā€™s with the associated sweating and panting and cursing the bugs but thatā€™s just thrown in so you donā€™t mind winter so much.

7 Likes

Yes, I could stand 75F, we have 14F, gets cold to the fingers after a while, still a little damp in the air.

4 Likes

Mr Wayne, the difference between a car and a tractor is that when you run a car on wood you can drive down the road into the unknown and observe the surroundings, listen to the music and enjoy the free ride, but when I run a tractor it forces me to work, well, that is a pleasure in its own way. :grinning:

9 Likes

I thought I would bump this thread up to the top just in case some of the new folks might want to look over it.
I will do it with a very short video :blush:

9 Likes

When I first saw this I wondered what kind of animal you had jumping up in your truck. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yes Don.

I was able to control the wood burner even after it jumped out from under the seat :grinning:

5 Likes

Pretty sure that itā€™s a Morey eel, Don.

4 Likes

Driving in place, sorry, that doesnā€™t belong in this thread. Subaru loves wood gas, but itā€™s hard to adjust the mix ratio with adhesive tape,ā€¦

15 Likes

Now thats what good gas does in an engineā€¦ if it aint redlineing im not satisfied. Excelent.

8 Likes

What year is that Subrau? 2.5 L engine? I am working on a charcoal gasifier hook up for mine on the back bump. Mine is a Outback 1996 year OBD 2 2.5 L engine. Yes what Kristijan said.
Bob

6 Likes

Ha, I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever dared to rev above 4000 rpm, not to implode filter containers and such :smile:
It would have been even more interesting to see how the Subaru reacted under load. A complicated experiment though :smile:
Is the new gasifier of yours ending up on the Subaru or the pickup?

7 Likes

Me too. Tone did shave the engine head off so the increased cr shuld give excelent power

9 Likes

JO, Bob, Subaru is a 1999, 2.0 l engine, it has replaced the heads from the 1.8 engine and thin metal gaskets from 1.6 mm to 0.6 mm, so it is CR 1:13, I intend to make a light compact unit that I could install on truck or in the back of a Subaru, empty must not exceed 100 kg and in floor plan 60 x 120 cm, it will probably be in a closed case and forced cooling with a 12V fanšŸ¤”

12 Likes

If you got wood you can make gas . Here is an old video from 11 years back .

12 Likes

Wayne one thing nice about using the style of blowers you are using is I can hear you talk with out the loud blower noise like my Kirby vaccum cleaner blower makes.
Bob

7 Likes

I call that a nice little 93 dakota, i wish them dakotas were in that good of shape here in michigan, the salt eats them thin wall 97 and new dakota frames too peices. the one 1999 i bought, was rust bucket on rear frame section, and i dident see it till i got home and started digging through the rust. NICE STEADY CONTINOUS,FLARE and gas producer.100.000 miles + tested-tar free build. 75-25-THANKS

7 Likes

Hi Tone I am quite a bit behind on the DOW. Been taking a rest.
To add engine loading doing this kind of testing add a big discharged battery to the electrical system to force the alternator into fully charging.
Do your testing on a warm day and run the AC system at MAX with the doors open.
Last; turn the steering wheel to full lock and hold. Limit the time on this.

Ha! And only challenge Southern Boyā€™s to racing on winding twisting mountains roads when in the snow. They have no clues. No developed seat of the pants slip&slide. Braking on&off only on the good patches. Get the ā€œcheatsā€ working in your favor.
S.U.

7 Likes