DOW Europe Gathering

Plenty of room. Your truck is room only :nerd_face: Looks great

12 Likes

If I succeed, my rendezvous vehicle would look like this…

16 Likes

Plenty of space for wood or parents-in-law :nerd_face:

10 Likes

Good morning Goran and thanks much for the picture .

Keep in mind you will most likly put a lot of miles down at your destination.

At our Argos event I usualy put down about 300 miles giving rides .

These short rides over three days consume more fuel per mile than out on the road traveling .

Thanks again for all you do :blush:

16 Likes

It looks like that the picture already is heavy on the rear suspension :smile:
Other than that I would be happy to follow your build of this, it makes me revise the decision to not gasify my -05 Dodge grand caravan 3,8 standing here with a broken brakecylinder motor because of not being able to open in the back.
Well, first the Volvo and then the dodge can taste a bit of woodgas and see the response.

6 Likes

Most vehicles can have air bag lifts installed, I did this on my Dodge Dakota truck and what a differance it made. Now I can put some extra weight in the back bed and with the gasifier weight I can level the truck up.

Bob

17 Likes

Oh, ok. I did not know that. That needs looking in to, I did think it existed but assumed (which one should never do) it would be a special thing and then mightily expensive as a result.
Just fixing my other cars in the next few days and then I hope to start my own buildthread after that. I cant wait to set my teeth into that :smile:
If only other things would stop breaking down but thats how it is to have old equipment and machines I guess, at least they dont have the electronic things flickering around

Nice happy little helpers on the tailgate :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Thanks mr Wayne, yes you’re right, i think i have to cheat some, and use some gasoline, after all it’s not a challenge to make the whole trip without using gasoline.
Also we have to take into acount: passing customs, and ferry trips, on the ferry it’s probably a good idea to have the gasifier cooled down and ventilated from co.

11 Likes

I have had such a van for two years, it is a VW t4 2.5 Tdi syncro (4x4 drive), I intend to register it this year. It has a load capacity of 1000 kg, so 150 kg in the back is no problem. I will try to make a unit for gasification of wood in a closed ventilated case with dimensions of 60 cm x 150 cm and a height of 130 cm, the total weight should not exceed 150 kg, it will be possible to install it on the back of a vehicle, on a trailer, or on a truck. It will be interesting to monitor the consumption of diesel fuel when operating on wood gas, now this van consumes approx. 7-8 l of diesel fuel per 100 km, can we reduce this consumption to 1 l per 100 km? If so, I would use 8-9 liters of diesel fuel for the trip to the Czech Republic (850 km)!!!?? :woozy_face::zipper_mouth_face::grin:

11 Likes

Ok, one more pic from the same trip.

In-laws to the right, they could maybe have been replaced with, say 8 bags?
Just kidding, we had a real nice trip, 890km over 3 days, if i remember correctly.

19 Likes

Goran, some time ago a former classmate visited me, well, at that time my brother Pavel was also visiting, he watched us for a while, and then he said “once we were young and beautiful, but now we are just beautiful” :grin:

16 Likes

You are making all of us look at diesels in a whole different light, keep the good work up :+1: :smile:

11 Likes

Hi Ton, I think that the first thing you should think about is how to trick the fuel injection control system in the VW T-4. As far as I know, your car has a similar system, according to the principle of operation, that I have, but I could not deceive it. To trick my car into riding a tree, I’m going to put in another engine, also a diesel but converted to spark ignition. What are your plans for this?

17 Likes

Hello Joni, I hope you and your family are well.
Below I am attaching an interesting video about the operation of the Bosch diesel pump, mechanically controlled and also electronically, such as my van has. If you look closely, you can see that the main signal for setting the fuel quantity is a voltage signal. I can generate this signal separately with a special unit for adjusting the voltage, so when switching to wood gas, I only switch the signal, and I regulate the power with the throttle valve.

11 Likes

To keep track of things which I consider already agreed, I started to edit first post in this topic.

6 Likes

That is a very nice truck and a tipper to boot as well , wow you are one lucky guy getting your hands on such a nice example .

Dave

7 Likes

I had a dream the other night, l met JO again. Was a good dream.

So have we decided on the place then? The place that Kamil prposed? Just so that l know what kinda vehicle l need to build :smile:

I plan to bring my whole family. Before or after the event we will probably be sight seeing around the place for a few days.

My plan (for now) is to build a trailor gasifier. Im aiming at charcoal for its energy density but it will be dual fuel. I wuld then need around 200kg of charcoal both ways, or less thain 1m3.

Swedes, doesent @Til live in the north of Germany? Does that help in any way?
Have you guys ever tryed burning woodchips? In that case fuel can probably be foind easy on the way too.

12 Likes

This is how it looks for me, highway free. Not too bad.

11 Likes

Hi Kristijan, i’ve tried woodchips some in all of my gasifiers, not worth the trouble for me.
Much because i don’t designed any of them with woodchips in mind, as i don’t have any good sources for chips. Only the volvo worked tolerable on chips, but needed a lot of stops for poking, this was coarse oak chips, and i had a grate shaker controlled from the cabin at the time.
As EURO-DOW seems to going to happen, im planning to torture the truck on wood this summer to see if it holds up well, and maybe, do a engine restoration next winter.
Also hope there are some other swedes that wants to join/follow, always feels good to help each others out if something happens? :smiley:

14 Likes

found edy `s truck in action …

11 Likes