DOW Europe Gathering

Because interest mount up into “serious” level, I dared to start this topic to create specific space for organization such an event.

Everybody is wellcomed, but especially those woodgassers, who are willing to come, join and enjoy meeting each other in real.

I Wish I see many of you soon.

When: 2024 between 1st of June and 1st of September

11 Likes

Let’s start to find proper time for the event. Since distances are fairly around 1000 km and above, we have to count with at least four days for come in, meet and go back.

So the question is: What time of year do you prefer to come? Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter?

7 Likes

Kamil, thank you for the initiative, for me the warmer time of the year would be a better time, when we can try the gasifiers and delicacies from the grill outside, and the beer also fits better. :grin:
Did you have in mind the meeting in 2023 or 2024?

7 Likes

Haha, it is really getting serious! Wow! Castle country! I have never seen so much castles in the wild😃. Me? There is never ever any spare time. So any time is ok, as long as it is really going to happen.

Edit, just befor the summer and Xmas my clients think the world is going to stop turning. No afterlife, everything has to finish just before.

7 Likes

I vote 2024. By then l think l can put together something wood driven again. Generaly this year is ok too but in that case we wuld be shamefully driving on dino fuel…

We wuld probably incorporate this in our yearly vaication. Wife hasnt had the oppertunity in life to travel much so this is a great way to kill 2 birds with one stone.

We usualy go to our vaication in early september. Its not as hot anymore, less crowd and also prices usualy drop. But kids have school now and if we decide to not homeschool anymore, then the window that works for us is anywhere from june 25th to september 1th. If kids stay home we got all september too.

Have we decided on a place yet?

9 Likes

Hello everyone,
Very good initiative !
I am in France near Strasbourg and I have been following very regularly what is happening on DOW for years. I have a small collector’s truck from 1957 equipped with an Imbert type gasifier dating from the last world war in working order.
I am very interested in this meeting in Europe.
I also rather vote 2024 from the beginning of June to the beginning of September.

11 Likes

This is a great initiative, Kamil :+1:
I started calculating if i should be able to drive the Chevrolet on wood all the way, will see what i come up with, probably have to drive an ordinary (boring) car this long trip, but what an adventure anyway :smiley:
And would be really fun to meet you all.
As for time i think autumn should fit me best, but i can adapt to every time.

12 Likes

Kamil, you have taken on a “big” responsibility, but I also promise you that I will make a gasifier according to your wishes or needs, it can be for a generator, it can be for a car, a tractor,… provide the information and I will do my best until then.

13 Likes

I can only echo - what a great initiative.
As others mentioned - June to early September 2024 seems the best from my point of view.
It’s s long journey. A fuel station popping up on the northern EU mainland wouldn’t hurt. Even around the southern tip of Sweden would help, since it’s almost half way. Göran - time to start calculating trailer sizes :smile:

12 Likes

Pffffff :face_exhaling:
I need 32 bags (60 liter bags) one way…
Wondering if i risk a total meltdown of the gasifier… :smiley: really don’t want to limp home on petrol, that cast-iron boat-anchor wants 2 liters of dino/10 km :smiley:

12 Likes

Hard to imagine that you would like to pull that heap behind your back. Can’t you refuel on the way?

9 Likes

hello edy, interesting your truck…have you some pictures?
ciao giorgio

7 Likes

Hahaha, I just got the mental picture of you with a trailer full of fuel for there and back again. 4m3 of it, then take in account that there would be several cars behind eachothers with that amount of wood with them :rofl:

8 Likes

I haven’t been affraid to overload wood before, this pic is from a trip to Dala-Järna, luggage compartment Full of bags, even smaller bags tucked down between the others, parents-in-law in the back seat, with 3 bags between them, wife had one bag under her feets in front passenger seat… :crazy_face:

This car was registered for only two passengers due to the extra weight of the gasifier…

19 Likes

You and Johan have something in common then. Overload is his area of expertise :rofl:

13 Likes

good to see it is not just us American hillbillys that push the limits of over capacity :rofl::joy:

12 Likes

Those load limits are merely a challenge to be met.

My mother pulls trailers with her Toyota Prius, and pulls her 30 foot Camper with a 4 cylinder Toyota Rav4 Sport.

9 Likes

What’s the space bag-equivalent of parents-in-law? :innocent:

8 Likes

It sounds like if he wanted to go any farther distance on wood, the inlaws would stay home and watch the place.
Bob

5 Likes

Some pictures of my vintage truck. I have room for wood! :smiley:

25 Likes