Life goes on - Summer 2023

Here is more from CZ. Born there, bought in Antwerpen op April 1. Thanks grandma. Now 11 years later on the Eastern brunch at my parents place.

13 Likes

Prague Ratter, for sure. Very nice specimen. Must be a honey of the family, as I see.

5 Likes

Haha, yes he is. He kills and eats every thing he can. I had to most trouble not do that. Most of the times it is ok now. And not so fast as he used to be, just like his boss :grinning:
Grandpa’s friend for sure.

5 Likes

It must be Spring, the Canadian geese are heading north (although in the picture they are heading west). The gulls are back, and I hear Robins too. We may not need the ice breaker this year either.

12 Likes

Happy Easter to you all, he has risen, and is alive! Believe in him and have eternal life.

14 Likes

I stopped to hesitate and create a topic for us

DOW Europe Gathering

8 Likes

Amen Brother Al, I just believe what The Great Yehovah God has gone through His Word Yesuha (Jesus) the Son it is for everyone. The “who so evers” this is me “that confess He is Yehovah (LORD)”.
Bob

5 Likes

oh nice to see a photo of the prague rat -dog, famous as rat- and mice killer…
i read about this race in jaroslav haseks book …where the hero josef schweijk breeds this dogs…
a nice topic would be about our best friends, our dogs, where everyone presents his friends and guardians of our gasifiers

5 Likes

Yes, he is and he doesnt have a problem with chickens too. After a bad joke on april first we simply had to buy a dog. I wanted a Doberman but with small kids that is a bad idea. The Chief heart about this type and now everyone is happy, a real scale model :grinning: but he thinks he is a big one.

9 Likes

God gave us dogs to teach us to be better Humans.
Steve Unruh

10 Likes

That is a great book Giorgio, good you remind me, i think i should read it once again.

Does the rat-dogs eat the secret police officer, or am i remembering wrong?

6 Likes

De dappere soldaten? Almost the same as dutch :grinning:

5 Likes

Yes, Joep, our languages are more like each other than one may believe, i’ve found out when reading on internet i can understand pretty much when reading in dutch/netherlands. :smiley:

5 Likes

:smiley::smiley::smiley: yes indeed. How has that happened?:smiley::smiley: be carefull,only joking and making fun of all the bullshit today.

7 Likes

That was one of most beloved book of my youth. I read it so many times that I could recite long parts of it. Some senteces are now common sayings in Czech language, e.g. Thats a feasting when people are lending to us. Most of Czech govts since 2000 made this their gov programm.

6 Likes

Little update on the wood-wagon, finally some spring-temperatures around here, 50°F short-sleeved shirt weather. Did some welding.

The “coupler” in place, ball hitch mounted near middle of tractor, for ease of steering, combined with a long gooseneck.
Also welded in a vertical square tube for a “fence” to stop logs from slipping forward, it also has the purpose as a mounting point for a future cable-crane.

Stakes in place, tiltable for easy loading/unloading.

Is there anybody more than me that hates when this happens? A cut-of disc with lots of “life” left, and there comes me, smooth as a steam-roller, and steps on it… :rage:

Well, last fix today, splashed some metal-primer
On it. Now it’s good for harvesting wood for the truck.

21 Likes

Oh l know the fealing! Those things are geting pricey too…

8 Likes

I’ve been using this brand for a couple years now. They are working well for me. Last order was 4 of the 50 packs so I have plenty of disks. Now I need to find more steel to cut up.
https://www.amazon.com/Cutting-Wheel-x-040-Stainless-SATC/dp/B07VLX3H94/ref=sr_1_30?c=ts&keywords=Cut-Off%2BWheels&qid=1681211878&s=industrial&sr=1-30&ts_id=256194011&th=1

5 Likes

I have one of these. Very handy but be careful with it. It can jump if you’re cutting pipe.

LENOX Tools Cutting Wheel, Diamond Edge, 4-1/2-Inch (1972921) https://a.co/d/aszha5a

5 Likes

Hey Cody, how long do those wheels really last? Even if it is only 10x, I wouldn’t have to deal with the diameter getting smaller and trying to get every last mm out of regular abrasive disc. I doubt I could find the diamond disc here though. :slightly_frowning_face: