Drizzler 0.75 water cooled

Joep, now think of dealing with that in a sedan trunk… yeah… l dont think lm ever going that route again :smile:

5 Likes

Oef, yes. Not for playing around.

2 Likes

I dont know it with you guys. It seems that you all have a habbit of putting things on fire. I wish i didnt fit in :smiley:

3 Likes

A choice was offered. Looks or brains. I looked good standing beside my smoking ruins.

7 Likes

Don’t wanna get too off topic but I couldn’t help myself. In my grandpa’s original shop next to the shop I work in, he hung up a sign saying “I’d rather be handsome than rich” with an ugly guy.

Also shop fires are no joke! I just do all of my welding outside from now on, I could never replace any of my stuff.

3 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy:

And you were first in line when humor was given away! You made me laugh more then once! Thanks, those ar e the good things in life.

10 Likes

A few months ago I was able to put my hand on a K40 laser. Cheap chinese one but it works ok and there is work for it. Most important things first of course :grinning: I tried to cut a EPDM flange and found out right away that the machine is to small :frowning_face: Anyway , worked good and it gave me some time to show other unfinished projects.

EPDM flange for scrubber/heat exchanger. Another pipe on top for the scrubber action. Inside this pipe a solar tube 10m long. To be continued, some day.

Making of the coil. A friend of mine machined the holder from some piece of HDPE. I dont own a cnc mill (yet).

So far a lot of fun.

6 Likes

Joep,
Can you give a link to the flexible metal tubing?

2 Likes

https://www.heiz24.de/Zonneflex-buis-DN-25-25m-Nieuw?curr=EUR&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6KuG9fje-gIVFMd3Ch0Kww8DEAQYCiABEgJyXPD_BwE

This is an example. I got mine from Oeg.net, might be on Amazon

Found it

1 Like

Finally a sunday to play. My wife calked me Tesla. Totally wrong. I came in like this tonight.

That why I am not that clever. Tesla fixes all in his head. So far everything the same, but in real life?

Anyways, had some fun, made a lot of mistakes, learned a lot and improvised more then the last three months😀.

Last time a strong flare, now I cant hold it. Mmm, slow slow

Dutch John said, your wife will tell you if your gasifier is sood free. Well, she doesnt have to tell anything :grinning:

6 Likes

Joep, will you spend your vacation in your workshop? :grinning::grin:

5 Likes

I felt a little depressed. Am I really as stupid as I look? Luckily the problem is found.

Totally burned away in lets say three hours total. Mmm, a little material study is needed. This is the next step

To big, 120 mm is better

6 Likes

Haha. My daughter asked if I am going to sleep here. :grinning::frowning:

If we want to visit you guys I must have some woodgas finished. I dont deserve talking to you otherwise.

5 Likes

Joep, you are doing great things, you just have to change certain details, I personally do not recommend using a fireclay chimney pipe, I think it will crack due to uneven heating, a much better solution is to make an air-cooled pipe in the WK style, where the incoming air is preheated and keeps the metals on tolerable temperature,… we can talk without firewood,… :grinning:

6 Likes

Yes , I was thinking the same direction. Maybe with your bootom nozzle, a pipe from above straight through the hell zone. But if I see this… thicker steel is the solution? Woodgas without oxigen on the outside? Fresh air is full of oxigen…more to explore. I like the simple design of a drizzler, flare sounded like a acetylene torch, crazy

5 Likes

Quick test. Filled the gab with ash for insulation

7 Likes

Again a total waste of time. There are three things important. Leaks leaks and leaks. If I manage those, maybe some day the real woodgas can statt.

11 Likes

Finally, today I build a new one. Closed , not open top and with nozzles. Thanks Tone for pointing me in the right direction. Last week back to reading the WK book and Ben P. Thinking of the GEK, etc. After lightup the flare was lit in 5 min. Maybe I did something right this time. It is running now for more then an hour. Opened the lid and pellets are pulp :grinning: Hopper needed!! And at this point open top is over, it is not going to work.
Plate and pipes are no problem for me, the nozzles took longer. Drilled them on the (hobby) lathe, 16 pieces 4 mm.

After plate roller

Inside. Nozzles are just M10-30 with 4 mm hole inside.

Stupid me, thinking that the laws of physics dont apply to me :grinning: Impossible without you all. Thanks Mr Wayne, heat is everything. It looks like a lot less tar compared to last time.

11 Likes