Erawan Energy Solutions

Hi Bob,

The 50 Kwh build is on the slowed down lane, the boilers are in the fast lane and the activated charcoal somewhere in the middle…
I think i can shift my focus back to the gasifiers end of february… but they are never out of my mind…

The good part however is that my private scrapyard is getting bigger with parts i can use… everybody brings parts and pieces i might want to use…

10 Likes

did prepare some “show” stuff for visitors coming from the university.
Tiddy up and make some thermo couples working on the engine and selfstart flare.

Also the “smart farmer” TLUD stove doing well, works best with some charcoal on top for starters.
Its actually a Fema standing on its head :grin:

Enjoy the clips

4 Likes

The last video I think you ate too many lemons. A little smile is ok. Those heaters; don’t you need a chimney to get rid of the gases when heating in an enclosed area? TomC

3 Likes

Naw
He was in Engineer mode not movie star
Smiling on the inside!

3 Likes

Hi Tom,

I tend to take the lemon before starting the gasifier… sweet sour dishes … but at the end i needed another one… sweet did prevail…
Engineering mode yes, and curious how the new idea worked out…
With clean charcoal, start the engine in less then 15 seconds after lightning the gasifier…

The are where i am is open and vented on the top, roof about 10" above the wall and 2 giant doors with only wire mesh.

Downside are the pigeon and their crap… but working on getting enclosure agains them…

3 Likes

Charcoaled squab lunch barbeque.

1 Like

Yep, just add pellet gun, and fire = yum… :smile:

Or run the gasifier long enough with no flare. Soon the pigeons will start to fall down :smile:

Hate those winged rats. Not the animals, but their dropings mixed with dead birs mumnys.
Old steel balls from our titanium ore ballmill fit good in a slingshot…

1 Like

where is the hidden camera ?

3 Likes

Oh believe me they are watching you and all of us through Face Book, You Tube, Twitter, e-mail, and everything else that operates on the www.
Bob

2 Likes

Impressive that they have reached out to you. Of course corporations only want to monetize everything…

Congratulations?..

2 Likes

Lets wait for the follow up… I sugest they start with a simple fire… then switch to a WK…

5 Likes

Their representative should buy the book, plus a lifetime membership, and get down to learning from the forum members then… :smile:

What would an appropriate “corporate rate” be? Many hundreds of times the cost for a real human being? Proportional to the money they represent, as they claim is their right in political systems? :wink:

1 Like

I hope this doesn’t mean Europe will be vacuumed clean on old water heaters and propane bottles :smile:

Word travels fast these days. I got contacted by local news resently, but I turned them down. Told them to get back to me when I get my new build legally registered.

4 Likes

This is your opportunity to become their consulting firm, Vantooken consulting LLC. Helping them to make the correct decisions that’s Good for everyone’s benefit in gasification for all.
Bob

2 Likes

You certainly have the polished look Koen, a nice mix of science, innovation and back yard engineering. I look at your body of work and think research grant, with strings and contracts attached.

sure would love that, but all so far is private funded, by my wife and me personal…
Some of the new developments are supported now by one of the owners of this company, with the goal of bringing this knowledge to the people.
“Share your knowledge for the benefit of all” was the mantra of the late King of Thailand.
So, the 3 of us , pledged to do so.

The industrial company where i am now, does not have a retirement policy, everybody can keep working as long they want. Personell comes before profit.

My job here is to teach them how to use the know how.

Non of our work is funded by government or partners seeking profit.
But yes, we will seek benefit from the government in endorsing our work to build a teaching platform for the future.

i could talk endlessly about sustainability and environmental aspects, but at the end it boils down to just doing it…

as the wise King said once : “1 acre is sufficient to be self sustainable”, then now we share whatever our work gives us more to those who not have that 1 acre yet.

So funding for research & development would be welcome to speed up the process of the teaching platform.
Same as for the industrie wanting the new generation of practical engineers.

Imagine that this current facility wants to use gasification for their energy need and therefore is planting now the bamboo… With the help of the farmers, paying them a good price for the materials.
Also planning to enlarge the current facility to double the capacity for production…

I am talking about 60.000 ton of bamboo per year…

So we are searching for soil experts and agricultural engineers to use land as optimal as possible, to build a sustainable system with different crops on site…

And i am developing the technical layout for the power generation and the infrastructure for the fuel preparation.

Overall, it is nice to work together with people sharing the same mindset. If you don’t care about the people, then why bother ?

5 Likes

Follow up,
yesterday communicated with that office, working for BMW;
They where thinking for a marketing gizmo to recharge a new I3 with a device that takes Co2 from the air to charge the batterie of said car…
a showcase scenario, but my impression was that they did not understand that what my work was all about.

waiting for their next move…

3 Likes

testing testing…
The Smart farmer cooking set, based on an upside down downdraft gasifier… to be the template for further development.

Testing combustion , air to fuel, oxygen, flame temperature…

This one shows O2 % and temp

2 Likes

I have donated the gasifier set to the Khon Kaen University, department of Environmental Engineering.
One of their students is going for her Phd , based on the technology we developed…

In the pictures also a visiting group from the Japanese Nagaoka University of technology… a lot of professors to see a simple fire based gasification system…

time between lit the gasifier and start engine: between 20and 60 seconds…

5 Likes