"Feature-length" video of my pre-WK woodgas R&D

Here is an old video I found. It’s about my two trucks before the Dakota project. It’s kind of fun, shows the insides of a few gasifiers and other crazy things. Runs about 30 minutes. Sit back and enjoy.

16 Likes

That was a fun ride along. Really like the windmill. Did you build that too?

2 Likes

I remember seeing a video of the silver truck many many many moons ago. How do you spell PERSEVERANCE!!! TomC

2 Likes

Thanks Andy. Yeah I built it with a little help. Now my wife and I live in it. Little house. Easy on wood.

3 Likes

Tom, right now I spell it,“woodgas hot rod”.

5 Likes

Thanks for putting that up. Love the music score and your dog.

4 Likes

Thanks Dick. The music is Carmina Burana by Carl Orff. We love the dog, too!
Life and Woodgas are such a journey!

2 Likes

Thanks for the video Mr. John !!

Heavy rains ran me in the house a little early tonight and I got to watch the video from start to finish :grinning:

1 Like

Hey Wayne! Its been a great ride so far. Woodgas has really changed my life. And all those windmills didnt hurt anything…
I feel a real brotherhood, though weve never met. Technically.

3 Likes

Wow! Great video
I’ve tried to watch this vid a couple times, then couldn’t couldn’t find it again till today. Great build, thanks John
Jesse

1 Like

Hey John and all,
Loved the video, reminded me of my start. And what windmill is complete without Don Quixote?
Pepe

2 Likes

Wow John!
When did you start building gasifiers? Where did you get your info at the time? I feel so fortunate stumbling into Wayne’s World right away.
The music and the parts in the video showing you constantly processing wood really gave me a sense of your determination as well as excitement as you were learning. It showed me there’s a lot of hard work + learning = rewards.
Thanks again

4 Likes