Featured Project - Herb Hartman's 1991 Cadillac DeVille

Good day Herb,and good luck finding the puff problems.if your inlet air was open,might that draw in extra air while fans are in normal vac.I wounder if the inlet air was shut and reg draw fans were on with lid on shut it would remove the air better, just a thought for testing,turn the radio on .

Hi herb,i dident know if you had heard chris,talking about putting extra sensors for the hopper temps,so a light comes on or a beeper sounds too remind us.Glad your back in the game,and feeling good.

Mr. Herb
I’ve had a very loose char bed and had it go off under the grate shortly after lighting up. Chris had it happen at Argos too.

Had a very successful run this morning, I think your right Marvin between a loose char bed and doing my gaskets a little different that didn’t work out so good I got a good ride this morning! Great to have the Caddy back!

Hey Marvin, I often think about the night you picked me up at the motel in Nashville and took me for a ride in your truck, thanks for doing that!

1 Like

For your sake, I hope it was just a loose char bed. Unfortunately, I just put my truck back together after some major work, and took it for a ride. It wasn’t working very well. I had to add wood on the ride and when I did it sneezed back into the bag I had just dumped the wood from. After, it cooled down I gave it a good inspection and “thought” I might have a bad gasket. So I tore it apart again. I’m going to be upset that I didn’t read this post before I jumped on taking things apart.TomC

I think a good rule of thumb is if char shoots in the air it happened below the grate. If it just melts the bag or singes some hair it happened above the grate. :laughing:

It was truly a pleasure meeting you Mr. Herb. I hope your able to get to one Argos meetings sometime.

2 Likes