Find fellow builders in my area

How do I meet other builders near me?

I am in Orange Texas on Interstate highway 10. 100 miles east of Houston. 300 miles south of Dallas, on the Louisiana border.

Thanks,

Gene

2 Likes

I am in lineville Alabama 2 hr from Atlanta GA ,2 hr from Birmingham. Probably about 16 hrs from you.

2 Likes

Hello Gene .

I also am in Alabama about 30 miles northeast of Birmingham .

I have driven through Orange many times.

2 Likes

Gene I,m no wares near you ,gust wanted to welcome you to the site. There are a lot of very nice people here . what are you planing to build ?

2 Likes

Thanks for the welcome
Right now I am in need of one for an emergency generator. I would like to build one for a truck and use it for the truck and the generator but at this point I don’t know if it is possible. If not possible the first one will be for a generator and the later for a truck. Orange Texas sets 20 miles off the Gulf of Mexico on the Sabine River. Hurricane Rita took down 80% of the trees in the whole County. Hurricane Harvey flooded 70% of the homes.

3 Likes

Gene talk to Wayne about your truck and generator he can probably tell you whats possible. I am in northern Michigan ,we don’t get hurricanes here thank God but do get lots of snow ice and cold weather.Hope the hurricanes diden’t hurt you to bad.

3 Likes

Where abouts are you in northern Mich?

1 Like

Hello Gene .

If your generator is big enough you can go this route.

5 Likes

Gene .

Randy Prichard is a daily wood gas driver and has made the trip to Argos Indiana several times in his dakota . He is in the state of Texas but a long way from you ( Inez TX ) .

He does a lot of driving but is not on the web site very much :neutral_face:

3 Likes

yeah if you go big like car engine type take Waynes advise get the book and build it. This is your best chance at success and you dont need anyone close to you to aid as you have us all right here. Lots of people already built this system so when you need help everyone is already in the know of what you are doing.

Ive built V8 power generators and If I were to do it again I would not build my own system and would most likely follow Wayne’s system. With my own touch of coarse :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Matt we are just a little south of west branch about half way to alger .

3 Likes

Ah ok you are north east of me, nice area you are in. Yeah Im over in Muskegon area if your ever out this way.

2 Likes

I am thinking. I can buy what ever size Generator I will need to use with Wayne’s gasifier. What size generator could I run off a 12" dia by 18" long fire tube Wayne gasifier? Randy is just over 3 hours from me, so how do I contact him.
Thanks to you all
Gene

2 Likes

Larry ask if I got hurt by the hurricanes. When the Core of Engineers finished grinding the trees from Hurricane Harvey , just from peoples yards it totaled 2 million Yards of mulch from the whole county of about 80,000 people.
I lost 15 trees with 3 on the house.
I have 7 homes in my family local. Hurricane Harvey put water in 5 of them. My home got no water but I helped repair the others. We are a large close family and we got through it together.
Sorry I didn’t mean to ramble of topic

3 Likes

Hello Gene

This vehicle has a 12 x 18 inch fire tube. 8 L motor and about 8000 pounds 4WD

This is Randy’s email address.

[email protected]

Thanks Wayne

1 Like

Wayne,
Thanks for the video. I just sent a request to Randy for me to drive down the coast to look at his gasifier. It will be nice to see what I am getting myself into lol. Would the gasifier in the video run a 20-25kw generator?

2 Likes

Hello Gene

I don’t consider myself as being an expert or even knowledgeable on generators . However I have driven many miles on wood gas and have a little experience with them on the road. The above mention fire tube size in a gasifier will run a dakota size truck 60-70 miles mph on level road mile after mile and for short distances up in the 80 mph range.

3 Likes

Thanks
You and everyone else on DOW have been a great help to me.

3 Likes