First gasifier

Hi Dan S,
Nice to see your making some progress. I had the same 1/2" nozzles at first and was advised to try 1/4" and go up if needed. They work well at 1/4" with both my line C and Line D imbert dimensions. I have a 9 3/4" firetube and an 8" nozzle ring with a 4" restriction(C) and a 4 3/4" restriction(D) (two separate trials for 2 diff HP requirements). I’ll post the SAE version on the imbert dimensions fyi. Yeah, the nozzle dim is still in metric, just divide it by 25.4 to get the SAE decimal equivalent. Check your drill template to get an idea of the size.
I also now cut my rope gasket on a 45 degree angle instead of straight butting it. Seems to work better, but it’s a bit of a pain to hold the rope and cut the angle. I use a very sharp pair of large scissors.
I’m coming along slowly on my hopper, glad you like it. I picked up some plumbing stuff today for the condensate drain and hope to weld it in tomorrow. I have to make sure this is all good before I weld the hopper to its base, gulp. A real bear to change anything inside now! I’ve spent quite a bit of time on it already.
Dan C has some great vids, alright. I’ve borrowed several of his ideas. In fact, I’m going back now to look at his filter for ideas. Arvid always makes good contributions as do many others. It’s a great site, everybody wants to see everybody else succeed.

Hi Pepe and Dan;
Pepe, I saw you were going back to look at my filters for ideas. Recently tried my baghouse filter and did not like it. I will be making a new video as soon as my parts arrive(hopefully this week). I am going back to two filters of nothing but high quality stainless pot scrubbers. I believe these worked the best and can just be hosed down for cleaning. Stay tuned for new design of big filter using a suggestion from youtube user flash001usa. Tried the cheap dollar store stainless steel scubbers before and they worked well before they rusted. All stainless steel is not created equal. Take care guys…Dan