Well thanks to all you guys’ help, this gasifier ran my 200cc generator for a long time yesterday, probably a total of over half an hour, though it also stopped several times and I had to restart. I threw together a video of one of the times when it ran. There were longer times, but I thought they would be too boring to watch.
Before this run, I checked the pressures in detail and found the pressure drop across the filter was quite small, but the pressure drop in the reactor was by far the bulk of it. The leftover charcoal from my last run was ‘constipating’ the reduction tube, like Bob suspected, so I vacuumed it all out and put in new charcoal. Also, the new charcoal was a lot bigger pieces, so it wouldn’t clog. But unfortunately in this batch, I forgot to follow Kristijan’s suggestion to add 15% by weight of water. So it started to get hotter than ever before and I was a little afraid, so I added a lot of water to the air intake. I couldn’t tell if it helped or not, but at the end of the day, there was too much water in the pipe going to the engine, so I will remember to just add it to the charcoal before I start the run.
I would like to know why it kept stopping, like it did at the end of the video. Also, it seems so weak compared to the propane. But it was a great feeling to finally get some electricity out of these trees, after starting this project in February, 2018.