First time build questions?

How did your gasifier turn out?

Hi Gary , well i ran the small gasifier quiet a few times more since then on wood chips and small bits of wood , trouble is my small gasifier only has a run time of around 2 hours before it reaches the max temp and needs shutting down , and at shut down i could see the glow of charcoal left in the tub thats around the gasifier , if i refill and do another 1 or 1.5 hour run then its all gone . same with the plastic waste , i needed to refill the gasifier and restart straight away if i had filled the drum with plastic other wise i would just have loads of plastic fumes coming out till its all been used up .
The generator seemed to like the added wood though as i guess there was a fair amount of moisture adding to the burn , as i don’t normally use a water drip or egr , and no damage at all from the plastic waste .
Summer time burn bans have stopped play for now , but i hope to get back to it in a few months time .
Dave

3 Likes

Wow jamie yours looks a lot like mine, its been on hold for a while but just getting back to it!