Fluidize reactor!

Sounds like a good business installing solar to me…

1 Like

Here is a video where they are taking cardboard and making briquettes out of cardboard with a homemade screw press. Then the next one is a commercial unit doing something similar but with round baled straw. If you are in a city, you might be able to put a “recycle” bin somewhere and people will fill it up for you. A lot of businesses will use them, to save money in trash disposal costs.

1 Like

I DON’T FUCKING BELIEVE THIS. CHRIS SHUT DOWN THE BULL SHIT CONVERSATION ABOUT CLIMATE WARMING AND YOU GUYS HAVE ALREADY STARTED IT UP AGAIN UNDER FLUIDIZE REACTOR. I DON’T KNOW WHAT CLIMATE CHANGE HAS TO DO WITH FLUIDIZE REACTORS AND FRANKLY IF I HAVE TO LISTEN TO YOU ARGUE BACK AND FORTH ABOUT A SUBJECT THAT THE WORLD SCIENTISTS CAN’T AGREE ON. I DON’T WANT TO KNOW. IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE SO MUCH IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO SHARE ON CLIMATE CHANGE, GO GET YOUR OWN WEB SIGHT. T;HIS IS DRIVE ON WOOD!!! CHRIS IS LENIENT ALLOWING ELECTRICITY GENERATION ON THE DRIVING PART. SO BUZZ OFF!!! TOM C strong text

1 Like

Easy, Tom. Leave the moderating to me.

4 Likes

Getting back on track…

We (mostly me), were discussing different combustion methods for otherwise difficult materials in Strawman’s thread. I posted links to some info on fluidized bed combustion and gasification, on the face of it, it looks quite promising. As has been mentioned above in the thread, I would forsee slag issues with coal, and likely corrosion over time. Agreed, Alberta coal is amongst the cleanest regarding heavy metals. The slagging would probably require extracting and pulverizing the fluidized bed material to sort out the clinkers, or continual replacement, heat exchange, etc. It works quite well on stream plant scale, but sounds like a real mechanical and technical challenge for home use.

Doesn’t Alberta have a sunset on the use of coal anyways? I believe most Canadian provinces have already banned it, or will imminently, so it’s a bit of a lost cause to invest in. I know Manitoba has already done so to meet carbon targets, and also probably keep people from fumigating their neighbourhoods… :wink:

Edit:

Relatively low in heavy metals isn’t necessarily so great either, when we are talking about a system in a residential area, without any scrubbing. I don’t need any extra exposure to mercury, or cadmium, or whatever, especially when research keeps cutting safe exposure limits in half every 10 years or so.

4 Likes

They are shutting down our coal power plants but we can still use coal., i can buy it for $40/ton. Also got family who work the coal mines in southern Sask ( lower grade coal ), which we can get for free. They actually gasifier their coal to make briquets, powers the whole operation…Thanks for the links Tait !

I just find it ironic that you want to “screw the man”, yet you are supporting the very man you are trying to screw since they own all the FF reserves. In other words, you aren’t screwing the man at all, you are supporting “the man” your money.

In an urban area for cheap fuel I would be contacting a nearby cabinet making shop, or the like, probably get that fuel for free, and greatly minimize hauling. Fluidization will also work very well with wood chips, possibly better, or even in a FEMA or Mukunda type downdraft gasifier. I am guessing that the availability of even woodchips in your area is better than the case for coal. The best thing I can say for coal is that it won’t get wet, or ever degrade. But you would probably want some kind of shed or hopper anyways, so that’s not a major factor.

2 Likes

Hey Chris ! Can you please shut this thread down…I’m sorry for ever starting it. Tomc is right this should be about gasifiers, or thread related topics but there too many fucking idiots around here , opinionated jerks, name calling , arguing etc . If you don’t im done with this forum.

1 Like

I haven’t seen any name calling beside TOMC and from you. All I have seen is a bunch of ideas to help you get back on your feet which is a very positive input.

2 Likes

Is this a thermal application or are you trying to fuel an engine? Why fluidized reactor, small particles? Soft or hard coal?

Since the OP requested, and the original question has been answered, I will indeed close the thread. However I will make two points first.

1. The discussion of coal gasification is not against the rules, or even off topic. It’s not our primary focus for various reasons stated, but those same reasons are useful to people who find this site later. This is why I didn’t shut it down earlier, there was no wrongdoing here.

2. If someone doesn’t want to “listen to you argue back and forth” then they can simply… stop reading the thread. Also if someone is “done with this forum” they are welcome to leave - quietly. Don’t try to stir up trouble on your way out.

Some useful reading:

Thread closed.

8 Likes