Fooling the computer of ecu in vehicle

Hi Friends,
I am planning to make a chrgas gasifier for Maruti Suzuki 800 lots of available here in India
but haven’t any knowledge to bypass or how skip the ECU as mpfi are used in these cars from 97onwards

Vinod

6 Likes

I remember Mr.Gilmore have one video in his Ford pickup he simple add an switch to fuel pump

3 Likes

like all the other engines out there without a distributor to turn as the timing is done through the ECU you will need an aftermarket engine timing application…the chargas should work without timing advance but you will have power loss…yes you will need to put a switch in to shut off fuel pump , the injectors will still have power to them but without fuel they will not work.

3 Likes

CR is 8.8:1

3 Likes

thank you sir for your valuable feedback

Vinod

2 Likes

Hello Vinod,

With my 1986 Mazda B2000, while initially driving it on chargas I did not alter the ignition timing. It still ran fine. If your car is a manual transmission you will find yourself staying in the lower gears longer so do be sure you have good Gear Oil to prevent it wearing out.

For the gasoline system you should be able to find a fuse that controls the fuel pump system, that is also tied to the fuel pump relay. You can tap into that fuse and wire in a switch. I used something like this for my 2011 GMC Sierra.

There are multiple kinds of fuse taps, mine looks like this and I got it on eBay.

Take one of the wires and splice in a switch to inside the car, that way you can shut off the fuel pump.

Sometimes there is also a fuse for the injectors but they are labelled differently based on the manufacturer. For GM vehicles it is usually ENG.

8 Likes

Thanks for your valuable cody
vinod

3 Likes