Free Rides Again All Years Here

Letting David drive the 1992 Dodge Dakota Gasifier Truck.
https://youtu.be/HtqWnyizk6o
Bob

5 Likes

Here is Erik Werner is showing his truck and a short ride.

8 Likes

Their trucks do have a good aesthetic when it’s built sidesaddle like the WW2 rigs.

I wonder what is the name of the narrow rectangular tubing he uses for radiators, if that’s an original gas cooler or if he made it.

1 Like

For those who had previously been talking about S.E. Werners CO boosting claims . . . at one point he does show the guts of his Hot-Char . . . . whachamacallit. “Ember Catcher”? “Ember Potentialize”?
It must run Hot. He shows percolating coffee on top of the can lid.
He shows the needed level of char dust. The fine-ness of that char-dust.

And later at 32-33 minutes, he has something to say with “W.K.” in his statements.
Steve Unruh

5 Likes

All I could hear was “mr wayne keith I’m sure you’ve heard about him”.

Is he on bad terms with the forum?

1 Like

No CodyT.
Werner is respected on this Forum.
I’ve for years given out photocopies of his all-weld-up from Tanks system.

Many fellows choose not to Forums participate. And that’s O.K. Forums can be a bit, rough and tumble. Forums will always have someone, or ones asking for detailed explanations. Sometimes someone, or ones will demand math’s proofs.
Gotta’ have thick-skins, hard-toes to Forums endure.

Other fellows have a self-found/developed system special sub-feature that they believe in:
Jim Masons Hottotti; Ben Petersons Pyrolysis Accelerator; Wayne Kieths DropBox-HeatExchanger.

I see Werner as making his system from old commercial systems saved and restored parts and his own made bridging pieces.
Ha! Real nice to see a modern video of a full system hearth maintenance. Watch his tools use. The old-timer’s evolved to liking it Big, Robust and Simple.
S.U.

8 Likes

We have some new members so I am bumping this thread to the top if they would like to go for a ride with us :blush:

7 Likes

I know I put up more videos than I should, but I realised I haven’t yet put one up on this thread. So, I took the oppertunity to turn the camera on for a while today - again :innocent:
The second video shows a little bit of how I pullstart the gasifier after sitting for a short while. It occured to me we may do that somewhat differently. It would be interesting to see how others go about.

https://youtu.be/k411fc--PQU

https://youtu.be/NXyqwOw4JjU

11 Likes

Thanks for the ride JO, I see you’re much better than me at understanding the gasifier,

4 Likes

Other then the fuel injection part, very similar to him I have figure out how to do it, as long as I’m moving and in gear I can suck start the gassifier pretty easily and also how I get gas up to the motor in the mornings. Short enough shutdown I can fire back up on wood no problem but have to keep the rpms up for that little lag in fuel production. Have to do a video on that now I think about it, little harder I think with the carburetor and fuel pump giving such a delay in dino juice delivery. Thanks for the ride!

4 Likes

Thanks JO for the ride. THe trees are all so white it looks like a winter wonder land ---- as much as “winter” can be a wonderland. TomC

5 Likes

One way to appreciate winter is to spend a summer In Tampa Fla. I grew much fonder of winter after that.

7 Likes

Y’all hop in let’s go for a Sunday ride!

9 Likes

Thanks for the ride Marcus, it was a nice hill you tested.

6 Likes

Thank you Marcus!
I love hearing that V8 accellerate :grin: Especially knowing that’s a woodgas roar :lemon:

7 Likes

I thought I would bump this to the top so the new members could take a ride :blush:

8 Likes

Another bump to the top . Yall hop in and lets ride .

Edit . Bump to top again.

New folks may want to hop in and take a ride .

7 Likes

Bump to the top so new folks can ride :blush:

6 Likes

Here is a great ride at Argos Wood Gas Meet Up with Wayne and Koen. He used his 360° camera.

Move it around with your fingers on the screen.
Bob

8 Likes