Gasifier water problem

The 48 is the silver one in the picture that I did 3 yrs. ago. I am now starting a 46 that I am modernizing the drive train(fuel injected 302, auto trans) and nice interior, but rat rodding the outside. I am thinking about gasifing it if I can come up with a steampunk look for the gasifier to match the rat-rod look.

7 Likes

Hello Huntress,
Lotsa things you can do… First off are you Coastal or Interior?
That can make a big difference in drying wood and keeping dry enough to use.

As Steve said, you will have much waste heat coming off that engine…

Patrick Johnson took this approach

Steve-T’s approach…

More information on you’re particulars would be helpful… There are several ways of going about this. I’m assuming its stationary and will be in a shelter? Are ya off grid? Etc.
TerryL

5 Likes

like this here is my rat rod with imbert gasifier =)

4 Likes

thank you for posting Patric’s system–I had not seen that one. I wonder how Patric is doing. I hope he resolved his problems and was able to stay and work in the mill he create. TomC

3 Likes

Wouldn’t just about ANY kind of gasifier automatically qualify for the steam punk look?

Pete Stanaitis

11 Likes

Hi Tom, I last I heard Patrick was getting his family out of South Africa and moving to Australia.
Bob

2 Likes

Hi Bob
Yes just moved to Australia last week, been a big change. Trying to get my feet on the ground.

Yes drying wood with engine heat and exhaust does work. If Possable do the exhaust gases though a defuser, I had a few fires in my drying tumbler.
If you can rob any more heat from the engine and passs it around the wood it will also help.

Hope this helps

13 Likes

Welcome to Australia Patrick and family . i hope you will soon be gasifying in one way or another .

Dave

5 Likes