Getting obd2 emishion legal

yours might be like mine the computer would know I was playing with the dist and not change the timing but only if it was running . if I moved the dist when the truck was off then started it up the new timing would work I still don’t know why but this takes care of that problem.
try one day to advance or retard while running with a timing light see if it does change if it don’t try just turning off and restarting that’s when mine would be changed ?

4 Likes

Timing changes alright. Rpm and smothness increase when advancing. What I meant was I can’t tell a difference in power running woodgas stock timing or advanced.

2 Likes

I understand now it might be the low horsepower to begin with so the ratio would be less just a guess most of the time one cant tell the difference between high and low octane fuel except on a dino machine it would be nice to have one of those for testing.

3 Likes

Supposedly you can switch between tunes on the fly with this system, you could have a normal tune, a hybrid tune, and a wood gas tune :slight_smile:
www.tweecer.com

3 Likes

this wont work in CA any modification of the mapping is illeagle here in CA now if you find a way to make the monitors set with out driving there would be alot of people interested in that =)

1 Like

it is really hard to tell anything has been done one would need a copy of the original program to compare it to and someone wanting to look for a modification . just pluging in for inspection don’t give this info. besides ca is hotrod country I know its being done there.

4 Likes

i live here and own a obd2 car the car has to connect to the goverment computer b4 they will sign off and yes it is beeing done here but that dosent make it leagle and there arent as amny hot rods here any more they have mostly left the state due to the high registration, gas, and too late of a smog cut off year 1976 so it use to be the hot rod capitole not so much any more =/

1 Like

that’s sad to here but there is always loopholes in any law call it a grey area its the same with business it don’t mean your doing anything wrong. but it is easier to try to follow the rules and not bring attention to one self. on a side note i love the bug project thanks for posting .

4 Likes