Gilmore style?

Our prayers for you and your familiy for your fast recovery and hopely with no conscuences.

3 Likes

That looks bad Koen. Be careful not to over do, and watch out for late symptoms of greater problems.

3 Likes

Wow! Scar-y. Adding my prayers for full recovery.

2 Likes

Wow that is a scary one. Go slowly the next week no gasifier construction for you!
Get well

2 Likes

Prayers for a full recovery!
It is hard to imagine the experience of a head on collision.

3 Likes

That’s a hard way to get a test engine. Glad you all made it through though.

2 Likes

Koen, what a shocker…! All get well and stay well and be safe…

3 Likes

Glad to hear everyone’s okay Koen.

2 Likes

Glad no one was seriosly injured, I woke up in the hostpital twice from car wrecks.My dad used too say more people killed on highways then all the wars put together,might still be true.I gess i need to talk too the man upstairs more ofton too, be getting well,we enjoy your inventions.

1 Like

Glad you are all ok. Prayers for a speedy recovery for all.
Pepe

3 Likes

First of all: Thanks to all for the wishes.
Everybody here is or is getting well

I have my head still on my shoulders, difficult to move anything yes, but my imagination is still working on gasifiers… :grin:

Can not pull start any engine for the moment, but working on the ignition for the flare AND for the starter of the gasifier…
(flat on my back is my favorite position, preferably under a car… )

9 Likes

You can’t keep a good man down!
Pepe

2 Likes

Koen, just checking with you. Hope everyone is healing up fine.
Bob

2 Likes

Hi Bobmac,
Slowly but getting better.
But i need to do it more slow then i would like …
Meeting my limits with every move. :grin:

5 Likes

Doing some “out of the bed, boring laying on my back” gas exercises…

Using a modified ceramic cooking plate…
Making it glow…

2 Likes

Some interesting findings… looking into the following:
My gas hoses are from flexible PE from sink / siphon appliances…
Yesterday, testing load on my genset, i noticed that the oscilating from the hoses had a negative effect when i was running on Low rpm with the load in place.
On the higher RPM i had no difficulty to maintain the load

The back/forward movement in the hose is resonated in the flexibility from that hose type, kind of an harmonica effect.

Some testing to do… Length of the hoses etc…
Will try some video’s to make things more visible/understandable

Does it might help in the positive way? a kind of similar effect as the boost bottle in a 2 stroke system ?
In the 2 stroke system , it helps a lot in the low RPM zone…

Also testing: the length of the intake manifold… Optimizing the inert energy from the gasmixture in movement…

1 Like

Does it mix with air above or below the ceramic plate? If below, what kind of orfice for 50/50 mix?

1 Like

Koen, I’m so glad to hear from you. I’ve been praying and hoping for your full recovery from the accident. I really enjoy and benefit from your posts.

4 Likes

Hi Don,
I mix below the ceramic plate, even before the fan.
I added a mixing/metering valve between the filters and the blower, then feed that mixture in the Ceramic plate assembly.
In 3 video’s i only use the charcoal, in the 3 others i ad water.
I am lucky to use the fan’s without their motors in the gasstream, not sure about bilgblowers…

I am testing this setup, to be used in a ceramic factory, but i think i would need to adres the nitrogen content of the gas for reaching sufficient heat…

More fun coming up as i want to test the charcoal flame gas to feed it back into the gasifier.

2 Likes

Thanks Bruce, much appreciated