Glowing wood upstate ny

way off any topic but had to share my son was up in the middle of the night and noticed a glowing coming from the wood pile . he told us the next day about the wood glowing I thought he was a little crazy but i humered him anyway.
so when it got dark and we turned off all the lights and our eyes adjusted there was two logs glowing a green like glowsticks or lightning bugs he isnt crazy it was there .
i searched glowing wood and foxfire fungus came up its a thing real cool to see .
so while handeling all this wood keep an eye on your pile at night you to might get to see this i plan on some night trips into my woods without a flashlight once winter is over.

9 Likes
5 Likes

thanks for the link bill .

1 Like

I have seen it before, it is really cool if you know what it is. :slight_smile:

You should have him invite his friends over to watch movies… like aliens, or close encounters of the 3rd kind, then make an excuse to have them go outside around midnight… throw a rock to make a random noise by the pile… lol

2 Likes

Ha, that must be realy cool! I havent ever heared of this!

1 Like

Yes sir thats a new tech too me, probbly pitch dark and just right time of year too see that reaction of wood rotting lighting up light chemistry.WOW, IF that dont tell some one there is a God of the universe, let alone all the spechies of everything in our natural world.

1 Like

i moved this post too argos 2019 posting.

I had noticed this phenomenon when I was in the boy scouts.

2 Likes