Gohin Poulenc

very good

1 Like

new site.

1 Like

I guess that motorcycle has Don M beat for compact system.

1 Like

for bringing this thread to the top. I don’t believe I had seen this before. I love it! .Coolest thing I have ever seen. Great photos.

1 Like

Thank you JIM L for your kindness,
a bonus for your encouragement,
a motor fixed Tangye wood gas.

1 Like

Gasifier car and motor: Mister BERNARD PERROUSSE FRANCE

1 Like

Ha!
I saw this same woodgas fueled stationary motor system, unused, stored in the back of a Belgium village tavern in 1976.
My first seen woodgas engine.
Too bad I so you young-in-love distracted.
S.U.

2 Likes

Francois sent me this:

There’s a few more on his Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/pocketpata

8 Likes

OMG!!! Thank you for that posting. That has been a dream of mine every since I got my truck running on Woodgas. ( the guy loading the wood even kind of looked like me if I had a hat like that ) I started with a "94 Chev Blazer that is just sitting out behind the barn. There are some old truck cabs and front ends available in the country side. Take the body off the Blazer and put a "39 Ford cab on it with a flat tack. If only I wasn’t so old. TomC

4 Likes

One nice history book of wood gas times.

1 Like

I was surprised to see race cars on wood gas.

1 Like

Hey Guys,
Here’s a screen shot of the fuel blocks he is using. It looks like pieces of 2 x 4. Great videos on youtube. Thanks, Chris.
Pepe

1 Like

Have Y’all seen this one?

14 Likes

Thanks Andy .

I enjoyed the video :relaxed:

2 Likes

Right up our alley! Great video. Thanks Andy.

2 Likes

Hello,
found an old french video about an old Citroen with a Gohin-Poulenc charcoal gasifier (gazogene).

Also an other video with a Citroen with wood-gasifier. Thesystem looks very similar to the one on the Jeep (post no. 167)

Hope you like it.

7 Likes

I guess because of the war, we never got any of that model Citroen in the states. As I watched, I was thinking that that model car looked like a “sectioned” ( where about a 4 inch section was taken out of the entire car to make it lower and sleeker) '35 Ford. Then in the part explaining the benefits of the Citroen, that is what they did. Because of the unit body, the front engine and transmission and no drive shaft, that was what the body designer did. Wish they had imported that model instead of that crazy design they brought to the states. A lot of “hot rodders” right after the war went to a lot of work to get a '35 Ford that low. TomC ( oh sorry, I was suppose to be commenting on the gasifiers they used.) Ok Did the second video show a charcoal powered Citroen. If so his char looked large and I wonder what they used for nozzles that held up.

1 Like

Dear Tom,
the first video shows a charcoal gasifier, which is quite compact. So it is mounted behind the front wheels on the side of the bonnet. It is a Gohin-Poulenc with cross-draft gasification. The filter is on the opposite side.
The second one shows a wood-gasifier. When he opened the lid of the hopper, you can see fresh wood and some already partly charred dark pieces.

3 Likes

Great video’s Til,
Now i am happy that i can understand what they say in the movie. So much to learn from those oldy’s

5 Likes

Hello Til .

Thanks very much for posting the videos , I enjoyed them both !

2 Likes