Gohin Poulenc

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

Hi Chris S,

Great pics! Love seeing the old units.

BTW, you can post multiple pics on one post, just click “Choose file” then hit “upload”. When it’s got one uploaded it will make a spot to upload another. You can add as many as you like.

1 Like

mage of a vintage car race in Italy with an Alfa Romeo from 1933 to the gasifier charcoal evec an air compressor for suralimantation. And its copy in miniature.

1 Like

Alfa roméo

1 Like

that is lovely

1 Like

We, all of us, are reviving an honorable, basic, wood based technology, and bringing it to the 21st century. Makes me proud!

cz

1 Like

I see a wood gas race in our future, “The Hardwood Run”!

1 Like

1 Like

Chris S Glad to see you are still around; you have always had great pics too share!

1 Like

Wood gasifier Brandt

2 Likes

Thanks Mr. Pal,
Did you ever get any word from your gasser friends that might have been involved with the Brandt design on how good it actually worked?
Don M

1 Like

It was Larry who contacted me for explanation, I took the opportunity to mail you the drawing, enclosed a photo of one of American dreams.

1 Like

This is what francois and I were discussing:

Thanks Francois

I was wondering if the charcoal cylinder had a taper so that it was asmaller at the bottom. It seems like some of the Brandt drawings show this. This might increase the upward velocity athe bottom and maybe lift burning charcoal up the cylinder. as the cylinder got wider the velocity would decrease so only the very fine charcoal would be carried with the gas!! Maybe if would not be necessary to fill the cylinder so often! If the air jacket cylinder were also tapered this may also help stop fuel bridging. because the fuel is falling into an ever increasing area.

The hoppers for the sawdust burning furnaces often had a sheet metal cone in the center to minimize bridging.

I am going to Central America for about 3 weeks to check on Rocket stoves

God Willing, I could try this on my old gasifier when I get back as it looked some what like a brandt but I did not have charcoal in the inner cylinder!!! It might have worked better had I done that as my reduction zone was too short.

God Bless,

Larry
----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Saturday, July 14, 2012 8:48 AM
Subject: re: [Drive On Wood!] brandt gasifier

hello Larry

The charcoal in the cylinder of the mid function was to make the gas purification,it may be consumed by the bottom, you have to be careful that there is no shortage,otherwise the gases are not purify, by this process that allows you to use of the softwood lumber and wood not dry,therefore it must be avoided to operate without the charcoal, well check, when filling the wood, the wood charcoal also.

Cordially
Pal François
COGEPEL ENERGIE 06 78 76 99 31

1 Like

This is what francois is helping me with:

Message du 14/07/12 21:12
> De : [email protected]
> A : [email protected]
> Copie Ă  :
> Objet : [Drive On Wood!] Brandt gasifier
>
> Hello françois pal,
>
> Larry Winiarski (http://driveonwood.com/users/larry-winiarski) has sent you a
> message via your contact form (http://driveonwood.com/user/981/contact) at
> Drive On Wood!.
>
> If you don’t want to receive such e-mails, you can change your settings at
> http://driveonwood.com/user/981/edit.
>
> Message:
>
> Is the central tube of the Brandt gasifier refilled with hot charcoal by the
> suction of the engine? Thanks. Larry Winiarski
>
>

CHRIS SEVMOUR Hello, I found a video that you have very nice photos on two wheels in wood gasifier, is what you put on peus driveonwood if you plaie.Cordialement.

1 Like

François Pal, Thank you< Your finds are great too! Excellent! I hope to see more, I will post more too, Chris Seymour

DaveO, Thank you for your comment too! You have enjoyed the old pics as much as me over the years, I am glad!

1 Like

Ain’t it a grin. Maybe the pictures will survive here for a while 
 ML

During the war 39/45, the Russians have really advanced the gazo, the particularitée of this drawing and that this is a turbo push air into the gazo and simultaneously to the oxygen supply to the mixer, this done, it does not tar particles, and it does not destroy the long go and destroy the engine with pieces of metal.

1 Like