Gohin Poulenc

Amazing design, Great find françois pal! Brilliant!

1 Like

Thank you for posting this interesting way to preheat and force the intake air.

1 Like

A very nice cable excavator of ww2, sure to Imbert gasifier type wood.

1 Like

françois pal, your gasifier work is excellent, It is a lot of work and time to do, Old gasifier pics are my favorite!

1 Like

Many U.S. citizens at home you discover that Liberty USA, this truck has been instrumental in the gasifier for victory against the German Emperor in 14/18. Conservation of this beautiful vehicle full of history.

1 Like

Wow what a cool truck! The 1918 USA - Standard B Liberty Truck
Commissioned by our government in 1917 for World War l.

Wiki:
"The liberty truck was designed by the Motor Transport section of the Quartermaster Corps in cooperation with the members of the Society of Automotive Engineers. Production of the 3–5 ton truck began in 1917, and the first models appeared ten weeks after the design was standardized. Of the almost 9,500 produced by 15 manufacturers, more than 7,500 were sent overseas. The Liberty’s four-speed transmission coupled with its 52-hp engine gave the truck a top speed of about 15 miles per hour ‘’

1 Like

1 Like

Hello or good night Chris, very nice photo of the mythical berliert gasifier and the bike gazo, here is a gmc ww2 fitted to the Imbert gasifier with a winch and more. Looks on gazogènes superforum.fr, there are a lot of photos you display on driveonwood.

1 Like

Hi Francois Pal, The superforum is a wealth of info, a very good site with many great photos (I love the BIG trucks. The French advanced gasification much during the war!

1 Like

hey chris, the pic of the flat bed is great, a flat bed pulling truck is my goal.

1 Like

Hello, CHRIS S, documentation on a caterpillar tractor Polish wood gasifier, also produced by the Russians, I Difficulty of documentation for Japanese and Chinese during WW2, they also used the gasifier, to you the documentation? …

1 Like

Doc cartoun

Chopin would be jealous of this melodious song of the wood gasifier engine truck berliet of ww2

1 Like

The Russians made great advancement in gasification!

http://jamclasses.drbanjo.com/static/dimages/1.jpg

http://jamclasses.drbanjo.com/static/dimages/tab1.gif

1 Like

Old Berliet

1 Like

Japan too had Wood fueled vehicles. Not a lot about them, I will see what I have. I know that Toyota got in to gasification a little during WW2

1 Like

Thank you Chris S, beautiful discovery that I did not know, enclosed a bus from 1947 Imbert, beautiful vehicle for the time and functional

Hi Chris,
Let me add my “glad to see you” to the group’s. Sorry I had to shut down the yahoo site, didn’t have time to properly moderate. I love these old pics and am really surprised at the number of my old friends and the general public who haven’t got a clue of what a gasifier is or the great part it played and will play in world history.
Regards, Pepe

1 Like

That is a awesome bus, excellent find!

Hi Pepe! Your group was a great place for us hardcore woodgasser’s and will be missed by me. Its was nice to find familiar friends back when you started the site. Pepegasification gave me a outlet then and I appreciated your moderation, I know how much work goes into moderation of a popular site, it’s not very easy, and can take up a lot of time.

Your own work is impressive Pepe! You have taken quite a close study in gasification learned from history and have used that in building a solid unit!

It’s stunning how little is known about gasification today, It is important we teach others!

http://jamclasses.drbanjo.com/static/dimages/d2539-gas.gif