Grizzly 3 in 1 sheet metal machine

I realize that a large part of the beauty of wood gas is building from recycled parts, however, I am looking at investing in this Grizzly 3 in 1 shear, brake, roller. Does anyone have any first hand experience with this particular machine, and can you give me some feedback on its usefulness.

Thanks
DB

Howdy Doug,
I used one of these when I built a LaRosaFire a while back.
Too words… Absolute Crap.
It would make a great anchor for a large boat.
Sorry bout that.
TerryL

DOOOGH! (Homer Simpson voice). What a bummer because it looked so good, I guess thats what this forum is for.
Thanks for the heads up.
DB

I think this machine is designed for 22 ga steel, right? Don’t you want to use thicker material than that? My friend has bent his all out of shape.
It might be a good deal if you were only using 26 ga, like stove pipe.
I still keep looking at the da*** thing every time I see it, wishing it was better than it is.

Pete Stanaitis

Yeah we are looking for something that will roll a min of 14 ga. So far not luck in finding any thing at reasonable price $1200.00 or under. Looks like we’ll have to build it our self’s. Argghh!!!

at some point i need to build a slip roller as well… fourteen gauge and twenty four inches long would be more than enough for my purposes.

get ahold of Athens Machine in Liberty Ky I think they make rolls for a lot of different applications and they are an off the grid shop