Have wood will travel

Just wanted too thank wayne keith and chris saenz . For completing the book have wood will travel. That has got too be the most realistic. Complete. Set of actual completed plans for driveing a mid size truck. And with the premium 6 month you can see wayne actually building the gasifier on vidio.i am proud of the way the book was made.It has all the build plans,and all the operational info needed too fall back on if needed.I am really glad i bought it.

13 Likes

Totally agree with your comments
I have had a love/hate interest in wood gas since the 70’s and found that it works… Sort of … But also destroys engines

Wayne and Chris have made the sciance and art of wood gas available in a usable form.

Be sure to read the wood gas forum as many improvements have been made since the book was published

2 Likes

There will allways be different twist to the game. But over all the book has the main needed content too start from. myself when i built, I went with the tractor design that is in the preamium section.that might be a good adition to the book, i may be finding out before long,if i can keep from over driveing the temps, as my truck nears completing.the economy has been slow for me, and in turn it has taken me longer too finish than expected.Good too have all the experience wood gasers as you and the many others on the dow. Swem.

1 Like

Hi Kevin, you will not be disappointed in the Book. I now own the 92 Dakota from the book. The fire tube made it 17,000 plus miles before it starting letting in more air than it should of bypassing the nozzles. Chris ran it right to the time I bought it and it was running great. I am putting in Wayne’s new design fire tube from his V-10. Look over some of the other designs before you build on your fire tube. The fun begins when you start planning and then it just keeps getting better and better as you build.
Bob

1 Like

Have fun building by all means. I have used features. Of the tractor design.and used a slitlly larger tube.and a longer tube allso for my 3/4 ton chevy.with its 400 turbo trans and low gearing. It will need some extra iron in the burn tube area.as it stands with my first model , it is a bit on the heavy side. It weighs about 800 with out cooling rails,hay filter, or tanks.I have been painting the insides getting closer too driving on wood. Spent all day making steel pipe plugs for cooling rails.and so on.6 more tomaro and will have made about 20 pipe plugs.my elbitross build could be in the preamium side.though i would not build square on the reason of the extra weight.I am surprized how much extra weight i have acumulated. Not as heavy as waynes cattle trailer so it will still haul some weight besides the gasifier.

2 Likes