Hay filter warning

I like my plastic hay filter. Check out the thread here. http://driveonwood.com/forum/1451

I do think steel is fine, if it’s thick enough. Thinwall drums do not make long-lived hay filters.

1 Like

The problem with those particular drums was they were paper thin and the rust would create holes . They were strong enough but rusted fast.

Used hot water heaters seem to work OK also .

1 Like

I went with a 100 pound propane tank a bit heavy but should last a while I like what chris did with plastic though .

1 Like

I see a lot of negative talk about hho generators. Yes we are all aware of the fact that you can’t produce enough energy vs energy spent to make it feasible. what really bothers me is the fact that no one seems to know about the dangers of the hexavalent chromium that is generated in the electrolyte solution. This is a toxic waist !! Ever see the movie Erin Brockavic. Look it up . Please don’t just dump this stuff.

1 Like

I got an interest in hho about the time wayne went for wood gas,i was trying out the hho testing, My water torch is 120 pack of 9 by 9" plates cut on table saw with 14" wheels.I was hopeing too get over unity with bigger cell, the size had little positive effect, my plates are far from perfect,I made all my gaskits from roll of ruber from hanna ruber CO. and a template.Even after all the floppy plates clamped together,fairly even with small peice in the center, i was able too make 36 LPM at about 7000 watts, about 65 too 70 percent efficiancy/ still makes good heating torch, it will loosen rusted trailer hitch bolts ,and i just made my tube fore my gasifier crossover,man that 100 # propane tank steel is some hard steel for its thickness.Hard too bend without heat.

1 Like

On the hay filter corrosions,may need some good primer & porch and floor epoxy coating at least.

1 Like

i like to use old pool filtter housings for my bed filter has sealed lid and they are stainless =)

2 Likes