Hello from Russia, Nizhny Novgorod

With all this talk of death and dying, maybe a coffin would be a more appropriate furniture making project.

3 Likes

Perhaps, the coffin is also a commodity.

3 Likes

I don’t think I’ll be buying your machine Dmitry. I’m 75 years old and my wife gets into a panic when I go up on the roof to clean the chimney. Can’t stand the thought of living without me. I took her to a psychiatrist but it didn’t do any good.

I watch a lot of build videos by people in your country. Always impressed. Anyone who builds and creates is a valuable human being. We will enjoy your company.

11 Likes

Thanks for the answer Tom. I wish you and your wife good health and long life together.

7 Likes

Hello, Dmitry! Glad you’re on the DOW now!

I like your UAZ so much that I try to post a link to it wherever possible! If it’s not difficult for you, then allow viewing this video on other sites.

For example, now I’m filling my community on the VK social network about an 11KW MiniCHP on firewood, and I can’t add your UAZ to the section with videos. But UAZ, among other things, is a very convenient way of directly harvesting fuel in the forest. If it is equipped with the withdraw of electrical power for an electric saw. To forget about gasoline forever.

With respect. Marat Lysenko.

4 Likes

Hello, Dima!

We were talking about electrofilters. Here is a link to a topic with the experience of other people and the simplest electrical circuit. But it will get clogged up very quickly. Kolya Oxenyuk found out this a long time ago. Therefore, I will make a paired electrofilter with self-cleaning on the go. But the circuit will be more complicated, with sensors, a microcontroller and four gas valves on servos.

1 Like

Water will keep it clear. I follow one or two guys on YT. The link is in the drizzle threat. It seem to work quite well. Good cooling of the gases and no sticking. Perfect for stationary and maybe a car also.

Uploading: _DSC2524.JPG…
Uploading: _DSC2520.JPG…
Uploading: _DSC2521.JPG…
Uploading: _DSC2522.JPG…
Uploading: _DSC2523.JPG…

Uploading: _DSC2526.JPG…

9 Likes

14 Likes

16 Likes

4 pedals for 2 legs is a very fresh solution!!! :wink:

6 Likes

This is necessary for separate brake control on diagonal wheels. On a good road, the pedals are connected together and brake all 4 wheels. If you get stuck in the mud and diagonal hanging, you can disconnect the pedals and slow down the freely rotating wheels. Due to this, more loaded wheels pull the car out of the mud. This is a kind of ABS and differential lock)))

16 Likes

thanks for showing all the details … very nice build
ciao giorgio

11 Likes

Neat looking old truck you have there,Gasifier looks supreme QUALITY. That old truck could save a tone of money in fuels, now you need a gardon too knock down some of the crazy high food prices. OR at leiste I Do need a bigger Gardon. How fast can you maintain speed on the blacktop roads.? COOL.

4 Likes

Hello Kevin. We have a garden and a vegetable garden, rabbits and chickens. We also need to buy goats for milk. To completely free yourself from the power of money.)) On gasoline, the speed is 55 miles per hour, on firewood 43 miles per hour. But I don’t need a lot of speed, it’s a post-apocalyptic car, there’s nowhere to hurry.

15 Likes

Hello Giorgio. Thank you for your interest. And what do you like to grow in your garden?

4 Likes

hello dimitri…my wife is in a seed saving organization, so she has a lot of different things in the bigself sufficient garden…beside others the best tomato races we have come from russia, a neighbor from my mother in law brought them from siberia, from his mother there…
i will only remember nikolai wawilow, great seed saver , and of course also mitschurin…
garden cultivation in our area is not easy, nothing comes from “himself”…because we have long period without any rain…all must be watered with water drip pipes…
also we grow wheat and rye for our sourdough bread and from time to time we grow also chickpeas…
when you will begin with goats…there is a good recipe for intestinal verms from kristijan here from the forum, and also don mannes… if the goats have verms give the dose of 1 cigaret tobacco one time in a week, when not disappeard the next week again…when goats have a stinky diarrhoe they have probably lot of verms…don mannes here from the forum gave from time to time a bit tobacco for prevention…
this information should be distribuited more as possible, because works well …
not knowing this i was costricted tu use a chemical product, unfortunately from pfitzer, and with this product my goats become always more weaker and at least the got inflammations in the legs and with a while they died…also fertility disturbs, malformations at the young born goats…
post- apocalypse…you are right, we are near …the only saving is in our lord jesus christus, believing in his word , and make in practice his word…his blessing for you ciao giorgio

11 Likes

Thanks for the answer, Giorgio. We used to keep goats and now we need to buy. But they never got sick. Grandma said because they don’t eat everything in a row like sheep, but choose only useful herbs from hay. There is trouble with seeds, all the old Soviet varieties are lost, and new foreign ones give one generation and that’s it. We save a little of our seeds ourselves.

9 Likes

I don’t know if these tomatoes were actually from Siberia but they are my favorite early tomato. Mature much faster than any others and very good taste. Note that this is different from what some sell as the Siberia tomato.

Americans, at least, should recall what happened in 2020 from the covid lockdowns. The seeds and gardening supplies were all bought up within a couple weeks and weren’t widely available until the next year. Get your supplies early.

10 Likes