Hopper Lid Redesign

I went with an old pot with a lid just cut the bottom off and welded to the drum lid with arm over and spring loaded. this works good except for standing water on top .

1 Like

That looks like a nose cone for a prop on an airplane.

1 Like

Oh does that lid design ever bring back memories!!! I donā€™t miss it at all. lol We went to flat and we ainā€™t never goin back. :fire:

3 Likes

I used the good ol Webber and a bicycle frame for a hinge. Looks very nice Chris in fact you whole Gasifier looks first rate. Keep up the good work.

1 Like

We used to tack that all together and we had a hole directly in the center of it for welding process. We would run a bolt thru the center hole and bolt it down to the table util the outer parameter edges were flat to the table. Then we would weld in the center and let cool. Then when we released it,we would put on the outer lip and inner chanel rings. This would then take out most other deformities. We never saw a whole lot moisture collection and for the amount of work it was, we just scrapped it. This is what the HGRS will take place of the newer machines. This steam will get sucked out before it can condense and then reformed back into the system.

2 Likes

Hi Chris

I quote you:
ā€œI like the looks of Vesa Mikkonenā€™s lid (the shape not the material).ā€
You do not like stainless steel for the construction of gas generators?
What is a problem?
Have I understood what you meant?
Thierry

1 Like

Stainless is fine. I donā€™t usually use it though, because Iā€™m more interested in determining the limits of mild steel. Itā€™s much cheaper, and works fine for most purposes.

4 Likes