How many of you have driven a gasier vehicle on the freeway

oh shoot… i already got the LT on ebay… darn I just read this. Oh well maybe I could use it a bit, sell it, and upgrade. Thanks for info though Wes.

@Marvin, lol I know just looking. I’ve never been hit that hard in the head and yes I have been hit unfortunatly before. I thought that was the end of my journey on earth.

IT’S JUST A FLESH WOUND!

Yes, keeping yourself active (to a degree, obviously) and alert is good after a head injury.

That is a good looking shelf, especially for one being made while the builder is seeing stars! :wink:

My work area is a mess too and earlier today I sprung some (previously) coiled piece of 1.25" banding material into my eyebrow. Didn’t cut or bleed, surprisingly. Stung like hell and scared the crap outta me though!

Neal, the LT5000D is what Wayne uses and what I’ve used. It works fine, you don’t have to have the pilot arc (I’m sure it’s handy). Main thing is to get some extra consumables, you’ll burn up some at first learning the ropes. Also get a moisture filter/water trap on your air supply, plasmas like dry air. Water from the air supply will burn up your tips prematurely. This model can also run 110v but it cuts better on 220v.

Hi Chris… ok that’s great to know - i’ll surely find out because it’s in the mail ha ha. Where do I get one of these moisture filters and if I could trouble you for a link?

*edit… would this do?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Water-Oil-Separator-New-In-Line-Filters-Compressed-Air-Pneumatic-Moisture-Trap-/400486614984?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d3edcc7c8

*edit… I went ahead and got it since it says it works up to 90psi and the LT5000D only require 70 psi. thanks for your help!

There’s lots of options out there, probably should do a little research and see what would work best for you.

A quick Google search: moisture filter air compressor - Google Search

Chris… ok so how do i hook this up lol?

Hi Neal, yes it goes inline. Mount it somewhere easy to check and drain. Also drain the big tank every few days, less water overall will mean less work for the moisture filter.