Hunting Season is here

Today I open Hunting season Up once again . I hunted down four new lock ring 55 gallon barrels, since my old grain truck and trailer are retired I caught me one nice 24 inch budd wheel and an old spacer ring off a Dayton wheel. I ordered 7 blowers, a WC vac gauges,a Sunpro AFR gauge and two 25 gallon grease barrels outta the barn. I ask some buddies if they had seen any 12 inch pipe sneaking around the scape pills but no luck. Not a bad days catch, with gator season around the corner and my noodling boxes washed away From high water in the old Brazos river, looks like that ol airboat can sit this Year out. Gasified here I come.

8 Likes

Welcome Kip, sound like you are scoring big time on hits on your Gasifier hunting for parts, as far as I know there is no worries about going over your limit. It is just how many gasifers do you want to build.
Bob

2 Likes

Bob just one right now but you know you always need to look to the future. I talked with Wayne some years ago and got his book but never got started. Since then with gas prices and everything else my old brain kicked in and here I am. I speak with Doug Brethower almost daily and he keeps the fire built in me to finish it.

5 Likes

Welcome Kip. That twelve inch fire tube requires a big game license. I think it may be a bite the bullet and buy it from a steel supplier expedition lest you waste too much time laying out in the bush waiting for an unwary prey to walk by.

5 Likes

Don’t know how I did that. Sorry about the delete. Tom as I was saying ,it my take some time but I’ll find it.

2 Likes

Metals Depot has ERW 12" .375" wall pipe. A 2 foot long section will be ballpark of 400 dollars with shipping considered.

Why would you need 21 feet of it if you’re building a WK? Only need so much of it for a firetube.

Cody I don’t need that much, I was curious at how much it was now. If I can’t find it that would be the way to go. Here where I live I know of several heavy construction companies I’ll check with. Thanks for the info.

2 Likes

Can’t remember who had told me but check for people that install billboards, check the guys that dig wells. Check your scrapyards if you haven’t already and they’re open to the public. Heavy pipe like that they usually set aside for resale.

3 Likes

Me being an X driller , why didn’t I think of that ? Calling some old driller buds tomorrow. Thanks

6 Likes

Just call an old driller buddy and he said he had several Cut offs of all lengths 12 inch Pipe to come get what I want. Thanks for the eye opener,

7 Likes

Wish I had some driller buddies is all I can say about it. Heavy and large pipe I’d have to buy at a junkyard for probably 50 or 75 cents a pound now with the way scrap prices are going.

2 Likes

Bulls eye on that 12" firetube call a buddy well driller shot.
Bob

2 Likes

Cody what size you looking for , I’m pretty sure my cost on it is so ,I’ll think he gave it to me. Shipping is the devil here.

1 Like

Bob, so your an ol PUD guy. I’m still a GM for a large Sud here in Texas. 48 water plants, 84 water wells, 20 guys In the field and 5 girls in billing. This year will be 50 years in drilling and utility work, thinking of hanging it up.

1 Like

It’d be nice to have a 12" tube if I ever land a V8 truck. I can probably find it at my scrapyard though so no worries bud. I’m in North Carolina so I think our shipping would be through the roof.

1 Like

Went over to my buddies yard today that does all my drilling, and sure nuff he had some 12 inch well casing drops. I got a four footer and a big smile on the way home.

7 Likes

The key piece! Time to arc some sparks

3 Likes

call a well driller sometimes they will give you used pipe for scrap prices or free to haul off. It depends. A lot of them don’t like to mess with it.

2 Likes