Hydraulic ram pump build

Hi guys!
Been off the site for a while having to deal with business. I’ve built a hydraulic ram pump and considering there are a number of farmers and homesteaders on here, I thought I’d share what I’ve built and answer any questions if anyone wants to make a similar type

7 Likes

hi alex, before gasifier fanatism i built also different ram pumps and have 2 pumps on work.
after a lot of trying i have optimized to reach the same delivery results as the swiss companies zahner widder and schlumpf widder…
our spring in summer has not much water so optimizing was needed of valves (without friction guiding parts) snifter valves for the pressure vessel for less maintenance as possible…

the ram pump is ideal where the water quantity is sufficient and and the waste water of the drive pipe can also used for watering plants, gardens under the level of the ram pump
what is my situation of one of our rams, drinking water is delivered up to the house, drive pipe waste water goes to another tank for watering the garden…
very interesting on the swiss page from schlumpf is the spiral drive pipe, also for not ideal terrain conditions…
ciao giorgio

3 Likes