Iller forwarder

Wet your track whistle with these builds Tom, exactly why I plan to keep around some extra conveyor belt from work, tracks make everything better :grin:

2 Likes

Is this where you were going with the first run V-Twin engine Marcus?

S.U.

3 Likes

Was meant to be a link to the full playlist, not sure why it posted that way but yes haha

4 Likes

That’s the build I was talking about. The tracks are real similar to Jan’s. That was a ton of work.

4 Likes

Super repetitious that’s for sure, but what a cool way to diy a set of tracks for whatever needs you have. I keep contemplating a half track conversion and charcoal gassifier for my riding mower so I can push clear the snow in winter in the driveway

2 Likes

I have tried a few different positions on the filter, if I put it in front it is close to the unit (hot gas), the visibility is a little worse.
If I put it on the side, I get a little colder gas to the filter, but no visible deterioration.
Could maybe put the unit in the back too.
Doubtful as usual.

7 Likes

Can you put it out in front of the gasifier. With that big piece of mechinery weight shoud not be a problem.
Bob

3 Likes

Yes, but the filter is higher than the unit, so then I lose sight

2 Likes

I’m still loving that thing Jan. If I live to 80 I may get one done. I may start building a set of tracks in my spare time.

6 Likes

I was thinking of putting a tap on the line from the gas tank, does it matter if I put it before or after the pump? Does it matter if a mechanical pump runs dry?

3 Likes

Jan I have a mechanical pump on my Mazda, but it has an overflow return line to the tank. I put a tap between carburetor and pump to force it to return to the tank.

I think it isn’t a good idea for a mechanical pump to run dry for extended periods.

3 Likes

Ok, do you think it’s enough to put the tap after the pump, then it has petrol, but the same all the time? Wouldn’t want to make another hole in the tank for return.

1 Like

It doesn’t have a return circuit? I’m surprised.

1 Like

Jan, the Iller has a standard v4 engine right? If it’s the standard fuel pump it has a “spring release” when there is enough pressure,= valve closed/ float bowl is full, it doesn’t pump, just the spring that is pressed together.
Just close the line after the pump should work, but maybe puts unnecessary stress on this spring?
Anyway i ran my Saab v4 with this line plugged, maybe 2 monts,( i had a outboard- engine carry-tank in the back, and used a electric pump for experimetation) when i re-connected the original pump it worked as it should.

3 Likes

Thank you Goran.
Then there shouldn’t be any problem with putting a tap after the pump, i will probably start on petrol in the winter.
It seems to run very well on gas, better idle than the Chevan.

4 Likes

Thanks Jan, yeah you know i get all exited when it comes to these engines.

:crazy_face: :smiley:

13 Likes

Goran, was your inheritance a 40 acer woods full of good stuff from years gone by.
Bob

10 Likes

Im just a simple hoarder
 :roll_eyes:

10 Likes

3.34" (85mm) restriction for saab v4 engine, think it’s 1.5 or 1.6 liters, is that way too much?

2 Likes

Sounds about right to me Jan. You usually run it at higher rpm’s, right?

3 Likes