Joe H's Chunker

yeah I am hoping that it will leave a cleaner cut. The inside is beveled, however it is just not as steep as the outside. Good eyes!

Still not done grinding yet.

1 Like

with your bevel on the outside it will be harder to get your rest close to the cutting edge like trying to cut with a bent pair of scissors . and the wood kicks back at you.

1 Like

I cut all of the 1 inch band off so I could have a narrower groove for the last part of the cut. How deep is the drum?

I thought of doing that but I didn’t think the drum was deep enough, I have more of these, and still plan on grinding a whole lot more. The grinder seemed to cut much better then the torch

2 Likes

Ya the torch was worthless on this stuff. I can still get a 4 inch piece in mine don’t think I’ll be chucking anything bigger than that anyhow. Also my drum has a recess where the studs are that give about 5 inches of clearance so the chunk can rattle around. Got any pictures yet?other than the drum

1 Like

I think the drums would shrink crack if cut with a torch,due too being cast iron,or i thought they were.

Yeah… The torch does work, just takes forever.