Just not my day!

I wouldn’t mind a speeding ticket now and then, if my fuel costs were always 0.00!!! Beautiful truck build BTW, the best!

Its the cops we all call Smokey, You Wayne, are the Bandit! : )

History in the making for sure!! It would not be right if the first ticket on Woodgas went to someone other than Mr. Keith!!

Clay H.

Doug, were there lawyer cost associated with that fiasco? 130 was fast enough for me back in the day!
Mike, I used a 160mph speedo from a mid 70’s Pontiac for a T bucket that matched Stewart and Warner gauges perfectly! It might just be the same style in Doug’s ride.

My favorite song on the subject.

I have mixed feeling for you… I guess id have to say my condolences and congratulations all in the same breath.

I’m already planning my next speeding ticket defense… I’ll point to the canada consitution act 1982 sections 32 and 52 and see how it goes.

Yeah, well, if you were in WA State the slippery slope will have just began. You know the rules of threes eh? Balled up on me back in 77-80. As you well know after the first conviction recorded you will no longer get any road side slack cut.
Now after 32 years “clean” a 31 mph in a 20 mph zone just this last month. 'Spensive!
Sure, DO ask for a Court date. Plead Guilty 'cause you are - you scoundrel. Ask for a mitigation adjustment. (Gives you a small spot of time to plead your case). Go in without an attitude and be v-e-r-y flexible. Once I registered for a Court date the officer had to prepare a statement. They pretty well here have the instrument calibration defense covered. From the Officers statement I was able to prove the School Zone he nailed me in was NOT active (I graduated there in 71, the wife in 74); NO YELLOW FLASHING LIGHTS; NO Crossing Guards; and especially NO CHILDREN present.
So merely then a 31 in a 25. Oh yes I was guilty and paid the then $100. fine. Without saying so, painted the situation to all behind me for just what it was. Just doing my bit to help our nearest neighbor growing small city finance their expanded Police force, new Cop Shop and City/Municipal building with some outside money. Grrrr.
THAT was my roadside stop problem. I’d taken sympathy on the dogs and been giving them an away trip. The Lab hushed right up, but the damn Weimaraner took objection to some one approaching and then lurking around the corner. Very off putting for the Officer I am sure.

Ha! Ha! She would not accept responsibility and pay up.
Now your coffee partner . . . .

Regards
Washington State Steve Unruh

Hey Steve,

I’m as guilty as sin and that’s what I will tell the judge.

Back in my younger days I have given a few speeding tickets myself, never enjoyed it but something I had to do sometime. Now on the other hand a felony ( robbery , burglary or a killing ) where I could put the dogs down and run one five or six miles , I had rather do that as eat ice cream!

I had people tell me they have been stopped by the police more than they could remember but thought I was the nicest one that had ever stopped them. That is the way I felt about this trooper and will tell the judge that if allowed.

The part about him not believing the wood burning, my be that he is smarter than the average bear and not fall for everything.

Bottom line is how many points is it on your license ??? How many are you allowed etc etc etc … Usually a simple speeding ticket I’d just pay … What were the numbers he wrote you up for ?? Last ticket I got was for passing in a no passing and it was somewhat huge (6 points) … I had to tippy toe for a year after that one. It was my fault for stopping to let Sue know I was back in town otherwise he would have just drove by my shop and never seen me … My bad … The passing part was me going by a tractor hauling 3 trailers of grain that were zig zagging all over the place and I had 10 cars behind me and open road ahead … One of the ten was a state trooper … Heck it took him 10 minutes to even get to my place … It’s the only traffic ticket I’ve ever had in this state … ML

Wayne, What happened to the “brotherhood” ------ Is that gone when you retire?

Peter

Mike, that car has a speedometer of 160. And a 350 two barrel hooked to a 3 speed manual. I owned it two days and felt invincible. It was around midnight and I decided just rapid takeoffs had been well tried, so I opened it up on straight 2 way roads and was limited by hydraulic lifter pump ups. I kept pushing the car for maximum speed without traffic. Someone must have detected a car that was clearly going over 55 and they thought I must have done something really wrong. Engine blew, rear end fishtailed as the drivetrain went solid. Thought I’d leave the car and just get a wrecker in the morning. Then flashing lights came from both directions and I had a ride to my parents house for a $100 bail, which later became the fine.
Terry, I did pay a lawyer $250 to represent me. All the planets aligned on that one. In a vacant courtroom the judge asked the lawyer to come into his office to discuss my case. They joked going in. Coming out I received a fine keeping the bail money and six points. I used to think the good ole days were from my grandpa’s age, but this event would never be repeated today. (More traffic and judge’s pensions are not paid by the Michigan legislature like they used to be)

Hello Peter.

The High Sherriff and most of the deputies are on the first name basis with me but the state switch the troopers in and out so much that all I remember lived in mobile homes.

Also I retired about the time this trooper was born. If I had mention may past employment he may have doubled the fine because of all people I should know better.