Kohler 15k gasoline/propane

Right! Its pretty common in this area for DOT to pull a truck over… especially a farm truck over and dip into the fuel tank looking for that dyed fuel… big fine to follow it they pull the wrong color!

4 Likes

YA I wonder if they should draw up a flat tax for road vehicles and drop the road taxes on fuels.
If the past has been any example of that kind of thing the prices do drop a little but eventual creep back because of profiteering

The worlds a hungry place farmers need that tax break and people are screwing around.

3 Likes

Tom I worked on gas pumps for years and the key is to not let it get to that point here in Texas many years ago I started using the Starbrite Star Tron additive after Ethanol was put in place (before that i used a different fuel stabilizer) I can let my fuel set for many years and it works fine before I had the same problems as you before I started using fuel stabilizers The way i do it is buy the treatment for bulk or large tanks and divide out for my 5 gallon can it is very economical that away

8 Likes

Durning WW2 to stop people in the U.S.A. from using to much gasoline and diesel they rationed everyone acorrding to there needs for the war effort. Could happen again with the war going on.
Bob

6 Likes

Have you ever wondered how much oil is still underground? Is fossil fuels slowly coming to an end? To understand, I would cite one theory, but we must go back to the beginning, to the beginning of the formation of planet Earth. At that time, the Earth was a glowing sphere and there was no free oxygen in the atmosphere, everything slowly began to cool and the Earth’s crust was formed, which today is as thick as a peel on an apple. After a long time, the process of photosynthesis began, which releases oxygen into the atmosphere and combines hydrocarbons, … it has been a long time since 21% of the oxygen in the atmosphere was extracted from CO2 and water, and in proportion to this impose “fossil fuels” on the earth and the sea - hydrocarbons, so if one were to calculate this, the result would be that this fuel would be available for another 100,000 years, given today’s consumption. However, if the amount of oxygen in the atmosphere drops by 1%, man will not survive this.

6 Likes

It probably should Bob.
But try telling people they cant have something in 2022 and they will lose their minds.

I completely agree there should be limits to consumption at a time like this.
Perhaps at all times, but we lack the will to say to the hyper consumers that there are limits.
Its the hyper consumers in their private jets and to a much lesser extent the middle class that bought into the idea that there are no limits to how much wealth you can accumulate.

The very idea of enough, that flies in the face of capitalism…

I think I stand here the man that has been the furthest bellow the earth’s crust here at 7800 feet.
Its a hellscape down there and all for shiny bits of rock with no real value.

Its not lost on me at all we put a false value on these prescious metals and minerals from the deap.
A cave man would see what I do and probably say I am bat shite crazy to do this for bits of paper he does not understand to exchange for items he has no use for.

We need to rethink what is of value and what is a real need and how to make sure everyone has a basic minimum level of needs covered.
but no one can agree to what that is so we put a value based on a market demand to the necessities of live.

Well…
I don’t know how to sort that out.
I just know what feels wrong to me.

4 Likes

Easy to answer, YES the easy to get oil that is. In the USA thousands upon thousands of oil well sights not pumping anymore across the USA. Many more wells only pumping occationally, some maybe once or twice a year for a short periods. Thousands of off shore wells dry. All the easy oil is gone. Now it is much harder to find oil and a lot more expensive when they do find it to get it to a oil refinery for prossesing. But coal is still in abundence on planet earth. But we can’t burn that nasty stuff it polutues and is causing all the ice caps to melt, says the Green Tree Huggers. What about all the volcanos going off on the earth. Oh we will not talk about at.
Bob

3 Likes

Alaska has a ton of untapped oil, nobody drills for it because it’s been annoying to transport back. Either by tanker ship and risk a spill into the ocean or run it via pipeline through Canada.

Alaska also may have a lot of rare earth minerals according to some but we can’t access that either.

Same for Lithium in the US, my state used to be the main place Lithium was mined and processed but they shut down the mine decades ago because there were cheaper mines in South America. We still process it here but just the amount of waste considered to transport foreign Lithium when the source used to be less than 30 miles away from the plant makes me queasy.

Edit: also Venezuela apparently still has more oil in the ground than much of the Middle East ever had. They have 300 Billion barrels sitting in reserve already.

1 Like

The oil reserve up in Alaska is called the Liberty Bell. It is vast and large. Like I said the easy oil in America has been tapped and is running out. Gas prices in the future can only go one direction and that is up. Unless the goverment prints up another Trillon or so dollars to keep the prices down, like they have been doing for the pass 20 years. But you still have been paying it back in carbon taxesand higher taxes all around. This is the heavy burden of the middle class people of the USA.
Edit: I just looked at the thread and we have strayed off the subject. Sorry for high jacking the thread.
Bob

4 Likes

We seem to find ourselves preoccupied with deeper questions than just gasification.

I do not think this is an accident so much, as a byproduct of a different way of thinking.

We are all aware of something out of balance and we seek to find the deeper answers.

2 Likes

Yah, well I shouldn’t have been doing victory laps and posting brag photos about the generator either. I was triumphant because it took me a good 15yrs to get this deal done and get the Kohler home.
And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
Mathew 6:5, 6:6

9 Likes

Bruce, you said it right, I see myself among the Pharisees, too …

4 Likes

If I did think that there was any real solutions to the ways of the world in these times the first would be decentralizing food production. As long as the bulk of the vegetables you get must be shipped across the country from the Sinalas valley or Central Florida you are pretty much food screwed. The amount of fuels it takes to move that produce, loosing food value by the mile, is enormous. Time to get back to small farms serving the areas they are located in.

8 Likes

4 companies control 90% of the worlds wheat.

In the same way “just-in-time” parts have snarled manufacturing supply lines, we are faced with just in time food as well.
As our economy becomes more concentrated in the hands of few and larger companies we face a threat of serious disruptions if something goes wrong.

By I am off int he rhubarb patch now off topic but everything is now as lean, globalized, just in time, and concentrated to a point where we can’t have a failure of a company because it will cause food prices to spike.
Can you imagine what would happen if Bayer got into trouble or ADM?
Like the banks food is too big to fail now.

2 Likes

Only Yehovah God is good. Said Yesuha. We can only try and then try harder. Hum I messed up again. Thank you God for your Loving Kindness, and forgiving me by your Word Yesuha.
Bob2

4 Likes
3 Likes

After watching this you should avoid wheat and other grains. I quit eating anything with corn, soy, or grains two years ago because of glyphosate. The NEW Glyphosate Exposure & How to Detox (Episode 29) - YouTube

2 Likes

I have a continental engine on a 15000 watt generator…ONAN unit.
Updraft carburetor, i was always haveing problems so I took the removable ventury out because it starts and run only on woodgas the ventury isn’t rerequires.
Tom L.

4 Likes

Yup thats an old timer.
Onan did not make a water cooled version of the J range at the time is my guess.
Good unit though, how much power does it make on woodgas?

3 Likes

I can easily get 10 , 000 watts.
It powers my shop and house., i even ran my 5 horse compressor and midmg welder off it.
I mix 20 % plastics in the wood anf it really lioves that.

6 Likes