Leitinger wood gasifier

I had a similar one and its toast. This one works ok?

It works to clear codes, and the forscan software let me bypass the security so I could reprogram the keys, which got screwed up when the battery died. (you have to email them to get a key to do unlock that feature) It saved me probably about 30 bucks versus having a mobile locksmith come out.

I read some of the cheaper adapters aren’t wired for right for two-way communication down the bus and won’t work. I don’t know if that is true or not, but I needed it fast, so not worth saving 10 bucks and wasting 2 more days to find out. So I picked what someone else said worked. I don’t think I ever installed the software that came with it, but I did get something off the google play store that did work with it on my phone.

I run linux on my computers so I had to run windows in a VM instance and I needed a bluetooth usb dongle, and I did get that all to work.

2 Likes

kristijan the only reason I was thinking of doing the computer swap and the hp tunner is to become legal here my truck is 97 obd2 and I half to undo everything and reset monitors every year its a pain in the but, and if anyone wanted to be a pain in the but I’m sure there could be tickets so far I haven’t had any bad publicity but trying to keep ahead. I seem to remember you going through inspection there.

1 Like

Thanks Man i am on track as too the burn tube and the perticular air feed Ring. I am going back too read what i can find on the below the grate detail.

1 Like

Hi guys, as promissed, the sack filter video.

Took me 3 days to upload, dont know why but my prone is no friend with Youtube.

Anyways, l had driven it for about 300 miles and started feeling restrictive gas flow so l decided to take a look at the towel sack. It was NOT the reason for the restriction (l found a ashplug in the gasifiers restriction-happens from time to time) so l hanged it in the sun for a hour, and put it right back in.
There was maybee a couple of spoons worth of soot in the sack, shuld operate well for a lot more miles.
Put 150 aditional miles on after that.

Now, a nother interasting thing l noticed. Gasifiers never seem to stop surpriseing.
Since l started to burn pure beech chunks, my condense/filter are is full of ammonia! I did smell traces of it before but now l literaly have to vent the filter barrel for a minute in order to come close to the sack without tears in my eyes. Incredibly strong burning smell.

Has anyone saw this too?

I know woodgas is a feedstock for ammonia production but it requires a iron based catalyst to react. And why now, when l swiched to a better fuel?

I dont complain thugh, plants shuld like the ammonia rich condensate and the engine doesent complain on rich ammonia allso :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I notice ammonia smells also on my charcoal gasifiers both on the Geo Tracker and my lawn tractor when I open the fill lids.

2 Likes

Thanks kristijan i been trying too wrap my head around how you get that bag too open up while in vacuem mode hooked too the motor or are you useing pos. Preasure with a pusher blower.?? Looks good. Plus 30 charictors.

Well, the sack inflates when pressure is higher in side the bag thain out. It doesent matter if this is established with pushing the air in with a shopvac or sucking the gas out. The gas passing trugh the sack is whatinflates it if you like.
Its similar to how your lungs inflate while drawing the chest down.

Don
Ha, at refills? Thats new…

1 Like

Thanks so i would say the vacuem is applied too the out side of the towl filter?and air moveing in too the inside the bag opens the bag filter?

1 Like

Spot on!

Plus characters

Is that after the 300 miles? That does not sound that good unless you have a cyclone too?

I do have a cyclone, but it has shown to be ineffective. Not the cyclone its self but its dust box is 90° to the cyclone, becouse there was no other way to mount, and the 3/4" 90° knee transition plugs fast so its as if l dont have it. Most soot/fine/ash char gets collected in the cooler, the rest ends in the sack.

2 Likes

Carbon steel construction supplied the in-system iron base, making for different combo’s depending on where in the system.
SS construction has not nearly this prevalence. Ha! Then a different set of challenge/problems to overcome.
J-I-C Steve Unruh

2 Likes

Confirmed. Smells like walking into a cowshed when I open up my hay filter. I always thought it had more to do with the wet hay, but now that you mention it there is a smell when washing out the cooler as well.

3 Likes

Hi guys!

I have a plastic intake manifold on my Chevy with a tooning valve (aka soot magnet) in it, and it got realy sooty in the last year of everyday DOW so l decided to clean it.
I cant dissasemble it without pulling out the whole engine.
I obviously cant burn it.
I cant wash it with boiled water (did this once, got water in the oil pan)

So l decided to try alcohol/acetone rinse. I know it disolves soot well so l warmed the engine, highidle and poured some of the mix in the intake. After a while, smoke started to role out of the exhaust, and the intake manifold started to sound like a machinegun. Lots of small backfires, soot flakes jaming between valves and valve seats. I got 2 big puffs, whee l culd see a few sparks trugh the buterfly flap.
I did it in sessions, higidle on petrol, slowly pour in acetone/alcohol, then a fast spill to suffocate the engine. Left for 15 minutes for the soot so soak the mix, repeat. Did about 4 sessions like this, untill l culd hear no more puffs and saw no smoke from thetailpipe. Used up about a liter of mix.
It seems to worked fine. The intake manifold looks much cleaner!

6 Likes

Hi kristijan, were you able too tell about how thick the soot was, thanks for shareing the idea for cleaning technic.

Hard to tell but l think at least 2-3mm.

So the mix never caught fire? Or soot glowing? I don´t think I would have dared to try this with a plastic manifold :cold_sweat: I´m glad it worked out :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Well you know me, make or break :smile:

No it didnt. I was carefull about that and wuld suffocate the engine imediatly if l senced something burning in there. It was no fun thugh…

4 Likes

Thanks for posting that Kristijan, it was getting a little boring here the last couple of days. That is the reason I stayed with the 1996 S-10 pickup - because it still has the metal intake with obd2.

4 Likes