Life goes on (original thread)

My friend (the fellow I work with) Richard’s mother that her valves replaced with mechanical one’s. She has been doing a lot better since that procedure. Yup to blood thinners and testing for the rest of her life though.

For the third part of my stem cell transplant, Implantation. Checked in today and got filled in, PET scan tomorrow, next day chemo for next 5 days, kills everything accept what it takes to keep me alive. Two days for drugs to work and then MY SC’s back in, then about two weeks for them to work there way to bone marrow and start “grafting”, then I will start getting my strength back, about 4 weeks after that should get to go home! Sounds like a good time doesn’t it? I will be happy when it’s over!!!

Hi Herb, I’m glad you posted your own stuff. I was going to start a thread. Thanks for the phone call. See you in a month or two when it is OK to visit. Then you can go for a wood ride in someone else’s rig … I planned to catch you last summer and I was the fkd up btch that got laid up … Make sure they do the job right !!! Mike L

Hey “Doc” Carson
If the real tissue valve would mean lifetime anti-rejection drugs and a suppressed immune system then I’d go mechanical.
Those not knowing the blood thinners are to help prevent mech valve smashed blood cell clots from clot stroking you out in the lungs or brain.
IF no anti-rejection continuous drugs needed like in calf/pig cartilage rebuilding grafts then I’d go tissue valve.
We all just buying a little more time to grow a little wiser and grow some personal grace.
Either way, you’ll know a time clock is ticking for that and get to cracking.
“you wanna live forever, soldier?”

DocC I had to put the old 12 year old Weimeriner back on her daily phenylpropannolamine hydrochloride.
The one year younger 10 year black lab she has turned muzzle grey in this last year and starting to develope fatty tumors.
They both happy with me still taking them for twice daily nosing around walking. Me being dragged along still leashing the 3 year bouncy Ausie.
Previous experiences tell me when they stop wanting to do the walking, then not wanting to eat comes next, then not drinking will come.
“Everything worth knowing I learned from my dogs”
Doc I figure you got more people to help to grace through their dogs.
DO IT. Get that chest cracking man.

Herb all my best wished for your recovery.

Regards
Steve Unruh

Carson

Got no advise for you but hope things go well either way. Thoughts and prayers are with you and Superstar Herb.

Marvin

as always, I keep most of you already in my prayers… I usually just cover the bases with an “all the guys on Dow” Herb and Carson, I’ll add you to the actual full list.

Stay well and God’s peace.

You are on my prayer list. No advice for you cause haven’t been there done that YET

Maybe this will help?

http://www.onxlti.com/message-to-patients/tissue-or-mechanical-heart-valve/

Hello Carson ,

I’m not qualified to give any advise on the above but you and Herb both will be getting prayers from here .

Good article Bill, I learned something. Carson, this group feels like family sometimes don’t it. Thoughts and prayers for your health, and those providing the “miracles”.

And Herb, you too are getting prayers. Not a fun way to spend early summer, but lots of fame and flame to look forward to.

Our prayers are with you Carson…

Y’all are too kind ( as i knew you would be ) and helpful ( ditto). Yes, it feels like family. So, we’ll probably use some poor ol’ pigs heart and avoid the blood thinners. Considering all the hogs i’ve worked on over the years, I sure hope I spoke kindly to them all ! And so, a good story follows; this very afternoon while in my docs waiting room ( to talk about the upcoming surgery) a farmer comes in who ( you guessed it ) was an old client of mine. He had a busted up thumb. He comes over to me and proceeds (you guessed it) to try to get me to fix his thumb. The young girl behind the counter was-perplexed. Thank all of you for your prayers. They sprayed us too, Herb. I’ll pray for your recovery. We are both undergoing Buck Rodgers type stuff- huh ? carson

Trying to get some grass mowed this morning .

The wife pulled the trucks out of the yard and it looks like a car lot. Three wood burners and a couple of want to bes .

Son is making about 5 foot a stroke , wife 21 inches and me 21 foot .

Hey guys,

surgery tomorrow morning. so, bout 7:30 let the ‘big guy’ hear from ya. with my overhauled heart i’ll have enough energy to build a gasifier !!

carson

Carson ,

Central or eastern time ?

To be on the safe side he will hear from me at both .

Good luck we are with ya .

Wayne

We pray for Doctors too. You will definitely be in the “Hand of the Man”.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I have had more stints than I can remember anymore. Working on the heart has become a very common thing lately so I’m sure you are going to be building that gasifier soon. I guess it is too early to ask for “pictures please”.

Yup Carson, will let the great Physician know your in need.

With you Carson. You are in good Hands.

Thread continued here: