Life goes on - Summer 2016

Besides “wood burners” I see a couple of “hay burners”.TomC

3 Likes

Trying to talk my bro too drive us out too argoes, for an over night,tent camp any way. his truck is better condition.

3 Likes

I hear ya. I am also looking for someone to go with me to Argos. Mainly to have a second driver for a 17 hour non stop drive, unless the gas tank says otherwise.

WM

1 Like

I got out of work today and faced an inch of fresh new snow. Good for sugaring, but not for driving. Can’t wait for summer to finally arrive.

WM

2 Likes

Wolfman; I am beginning to think instead of a charcoal lawn mower or motor bike, I should be thinking about a charcoal snowmobile. I might get more use out of it.TomC

8 Likes

Been very windy out here on the plains last couple days but today was the worst so far. At 5 pm sustained 33mph gusts to 44mph highest gust of the day 55. Could be worse we could have snow with it.
Think I’ll check my garden to see if it blew my pea seeds out of the ground:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just dawned on me.
Wayne gets so much done because he multitasks. Like mowing and fertilizing at the same time.:grinning:

5 Likes

My son is taking a couple of young ladies to their high school prom in Birmingham tonight .

True , you can take the kids out of the country but it is hard to take the country out of the kids
:grin:

12 Likes

That’s Tally? Wow! They do grow rather quickly, don’t they?

Rather pleasant looking company he’s found as well. :wink:

5 Likes

Taking 2 girls to the prom! Now that is admirable.

3 Likes

Had a township dump day today. Hopefully this will not be to hot to handle.

2 Likes

The paper says to affix temporary license on the lower left corner. Hmmmm. Drove it in Michigan for the first time for about 5 miles after 5th gasifier burn in.
Rides like a county truck and accelerates like a raped ape.

13 Likes

Hey Doug, looks good, if your ever north of Port Huron Mi. and need some wood, I’m scapping hard wood pallets for gasifiers and charcoal. stop in sometime I don’t have alot on hand right now but give me a little time and I’ll be able to hook up anyone who needs it. going to turn this first batch of the yr. into charcoal. Has a lot of nails that I didn’t pull. will go get more pallets this week. almost all are red oak

3 Likes

Since I’ll have to visit woodgassers in this state and of course Wisconsin, I’ll get there.

4 Likes

Wood stop in Crivitz, Wi.

3 Likes

Another filling station here in Minong WI.

1 Like

I really wish we could have cows here in town.

9 Likes

That screams “methane digester” to me Chris. Always wanted to build one just not enough steady heat to make it viable…

4 Likes

You should have started mowing earlier in the spring. I’m looking at starting in about a week so I don’t have that problem. ( rake it and mulch ) more work than if you would have mowed earlier. You need charcoal gas on the mowerTomC

4 Likes

Yeah, well. Turning town lots grass into meat and eggs is one year battle that “we” lost back in the year 2000 here in my town.
The most telling argument in public meetings put up was by a 90 year old woman: “I do not dislike chickens. And I do like my eggs every morning. But as a raised country girl I’ll tell you that having chickens (or geese, goats, cows) means you have to have bags of feed. The feed draws RATS! And we don not want to bring rats into town!”
Another younger mother gal complained that the animal manures would create biting fly’s spreading diseases.

I wanted to say that all of the new people moved-in sure had spawned cockroaches (a dense people debris pest - never a rural one), increasing nanny-ism’s, and a reduction in personal freedoms.
They won.
So Like you I burn up bought out dino-fuel annually to keep grasses fire-safe&legal. The weeds out of seed heads reproduction to avoid county “Vegetative Management” natzi-patrol fines. And they are 100% chemical insistent anymore.

These woman buy their eggs and meats from millions dense packed horror-house Big Agra-production facilities.
Helicopters annual spray the valley for mosquitos and coddling moths.

Big money wins through easy-make Fears. Again.

Bitter? Oh, you betcha’.
Only thing that keeps me from mowing with an oil burning worn out old IC engine fogger is my own personal ethics.
Allow THEM to pry that away from you then you become just as lost to the Matrix of Conformity as they are.

Steve Unruh

6 Likes