Life goes on - Summer 2019

Happy 4th to everyone.

My Yukon gold potatoes are just starting to blossom. That is about a full month early for potatoes around here looks like I might have found some nice summer potatoes!!!

8 Likes

Happy fourth, Dan, and wishing all many more. Pepe

3 Likes

May We The People Of This Land Of The United States Of America, always stand against any tyranny of any government of people from with in or with out this land that would try to change or take away what our forefathers set forth. Thank You to our forefathers and the women for The Declaration Of Independence that they fought for and died for all these years. That was declared on the 2nd of July and was signed on The 4th of July. May God Bless This Country We Live In And The Peoples of this Land Who Hold Fast To The Truth that the Declaration speaks of.
Bob

9 Likes

I have decided to stop taking pills today and see just how bad the pain is. I am taking my cbd oil and some tylenol, but I can not function to get anything done using these narcotics and I have to know if it is the drugs or left over anesthesia or what… So, since 4th of July is all about being a rebel and doing things our own way, I have decided to rebel against the doctors ans do it my way. We’ll see how it goes, maybe i’ll be squirming by noon and begging for my pill bottle.

11 Likes

But remember the pain is there for our good so we do not over do it. You need to Heal. The narcotics keep you for over doing it, it drugs you down. This is why they are call downers.
The prayers are still coming your way brother.
Have a great 4th of July with your Wonderful Family.
Bob

7 Likes

I hear you Bob, but I’m not trying to do any kind of lifting or physical work at all. I just need to write lesson plans, and video scripts, and make calls, and do office work. But I don’t have the energy at all. Not sure what’s the deal. So far, the lack of drugs hasn’t helped either.

Also, not sure if this is totally true. As I have scaled down the drugs the last 2 days, I am experiencing more and more pain in my leg and foot like before. I suppose it was always there, just masked by drugs. It is the same kind of sensation as before the surgery, not as strong. Doctor said it might happen. Maybe irritated/damaged nerves that take time to heal…

4 Likes

Billy you are healing. I pray that the Lord Will Strengthen You and help you think Clearly with your mind. In Yeshua Name. Amen and Amen.
Bob

3 Likes

I bet after being loaded up on the opiates it takes some time for them to flush out of your body, thus the little immediate effect. And then there are addiction mechanisms, your body is probably unhappy about not having the latest fix.

I’d focus on the pain aspect. As long as it remains bearable you are meeting the main objective, your head should eventually clear.

You probably have a point about after effects of anaesthetic, that’s heavy duty stuff, and not everyone is affected the same.

On with the rebellion… :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Apparently I’m not nearly the rebel I used to be. There was provbably a time when my pride would have held me to it, But I ended up taking a pill. The pain is not voluntarily bearable. But I am still taking the CBD. I have decided to agree with the docs on the anti inflamatories. Apparently they slow back disk healing significantly. I want this gone asap, so I will lay off of them. I was just really not expecting this. I figured the surgery would have cleared up most of the problem.For many people it does, Not sure what to do exactly. Suffer through I guess.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear, but it’s very early days. Any surgery I’ve had has been a bigger injury than the original issue, only difference is it gets better. Time heals.

Sure is humbling how little we have without our good health…

4 Likes

I would probably try to cut the opioids in half a few times to allow your body to adjust to their absence. They are really nasty things as far as addiction and side effects from withdrawal.
But then again I say that but am the type who will try to stop things cold and live with the few days of hell myself and often regret it later.
But don’t let the recovery get you too far down in the dumps it sounds like a pretty nasty surgery to me in a week or two you will be feeling alot better I would guess.

4 Likes

Thanks. I am not usually one to get down, but I will admit to having a pretty hard few days here. They prescribed 12 pills a day. I cut that to 10 on day 2, then 7 the next day, down to 5 then yesterday just 2. I set out today to cut them off and see if I could handle it, but not happening. I am up to 3 so far today…and still hurting…but the day is almost over.
I keep trying to believe it’s going to get better. Fact is, I have a whole bunch of stuff to do. We are supposed to go to Africa in 8 weeks. I had hoped to cancel it, but it is really hard to do that. The people there are really working hard, and I hate to keep them waiting another whole year because of this. We’ll see how it goes. God has to be left in control.Sometimes that’s the hard part.
I was planning to be able to do office work and lighter stuff by now, but ya’ll are correct. It is still very early and I need to be more patient. I think I’ll take another pill and listen to a Guns-N-Roses song now while I remember how human I am…

5 Likes

If it where me I would go 2 days at each step down on the pills. It takes a little time to adjust.
On the travels I would say don’t let it stress you out right now. If it is right for you to go you will be ready if not you have to protect your health it is the one thing we all need to realize we are not superman about. Today I got 150 bales baled the accumulator isn’t working well and I had some help because of that I pushed myself too long in the sun and am suffering headaches from overheating myself. Took a cold shower and have to accept that the hay will sit there till morning lucky for me it is good weather no rain in sight till Saturday. But my point is that it is hard for us not to push too hard when others are involved.

4 Likes

Sure thing. I’m just wired to go and do. Not liking this old age idea. But I was looking at my book. I have only had two pills today also. No wonder I am hurting , LOL…

4 Likes

Billy,
I was going to complain about the nightshift at the mill I’m on, and the rotted out cow barn sill beam I’m going to replace tomorrow. I’ll take it back. To lay back and listen to Guns-N-Roses sounds awful :wink:

5 Likes

That was just a reference to “Patience” . LOL So maybe just some ABBA.

3 Likes

Hi Billy,
From my own experience, i was kept in a Swiss pain clinic for 4 weeks on opium based medication.
Because i had an injured ischias nerve and SI joint from a fall, + the obvious disc related problems in the lower back.
The reason why pain hardly goes away is that you need to learn that your body needs time to heel.
Having pain is symptomatic but that pain can cause also more hurt. Hence, rest and painkillers for certain conditions.
If your ex-disc problem experiences pain at this point, your muscles will contract to support ( over support) causing more stress on the region, the problem gets in a vicious circle…

So, lay down, take the pain relief meds, give it time to heal… don’t rush it, take very small steps at the time…
Your body will be thankful for that many years to come…

On the other hand, if you don’t rest, the problem will reoccur faster then you would believe and worse…

Enjoy the reading and writing, between 2 sips of any tasteful alcoholic beverage, peace bro…

5 Likes

Yeah guys, I guess I have decided the same. I need to rest longer than they said I would need to, and longer than I would have expected or wanted. So I’ll try to submit myself to reality. It’s a little disappointing that I’m not as closely related to superman as I thought.

That said, I might just bore ya’ll to death with “interesting trivia” with all this new reading I’m going to do…Here’s one I thought deserved a mention.:

Arctic Fox walks over 2,100 miles from Norway to Canada
An Arctic Fox fitted with a tracking collar has walked over 2,100 miles from Norway to Canada in four months’ time. The Norwegian Polar Institute reported that the young female fox left her birthplace in Norway’s Svalbard Archipelago on March 1, 2018, and reached Canada’s Ellesmere Island, where she settled down, on July 1, 2018. Though her journey covered a distance of 2,178 miles end-to-end, the fox was tracked walking a total distance of 2,743 miles, for an average of 21.7 miles per day. (CBC)

8 Likes

That is one long trek over the polar ice in winter conditions and having to find food too.
Bob

3 Likes

I heard that story on the radio a couple days ago. Sure is amazing, some of the things that go on in nature that we aren’t aware of. Polar bears sometimes go on big treks too. The loss of sea ice is going to be affecting all those creatures so badly.

2 Likes