Life goes on - Summer 2022

JO, you know what Wayne would say, “this isn’t your first rodeo” :grinning:

9 Likes

I love it! :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

It’s a big one , making big swings!

6 Likes

I feel bad for you that you are still feeding a stove SteveU. May 6 was the last day mine got a taste. It’s a day I anxiously await, for many months.

6 Likes

Hello Tone .

Thanks for the video .

I had to stop the video twice just to rest while watching :blush:

9 Likes

My dad used to say he slept so hard last night that he had to get up two times to rest :laughing:

10 Likes

Tone; I have always had a tractor mower.I was impressed with the nice wind-row you left the hay in. I would have to take the tractor back out with a rake and rake mine into a wind-row to bale. TomC.

7 Likes

I envy the woodstove users here sometimes. You just have ashes out the wazoo on standby. I have to make ash on purpose for backfilling!

4 Likes

I hear you like the scythe.

This is my morning rutine, cuting clover for the pigs. The scythe is way too small for me, actualy it was a gift from Tone to my son last year, but l like it for this purpose as clover is high and layed down some at this time and it requires a swift movement from a light scyche to cut clean.

12 Likes

Haha, yes. Way to small. But you still manage to make a beautiful stroke/ strike

6 Likes

I’m kind of surprised. I’ve never worked with that tool but it seems quite a bit faster than using the weed wacker/string trimmer I use. Of course I’m just cutting the meadow grasses around my garden. Looks like good exercise for maintaining your core.

9 Likes

I own 2 weedwackers but hadnt even srtarted them in almost 2 years. I cut hay with a BCS walk behind and for the delicate parts in the orchiard or around the garden, a well pinned and sharpened scythe is best. It only takes one mistake for a weedwacker to destroy a young sapling you planted, grafted and took care for, not to mention the noise, smell wnd cost of runing it. Aditionaly a scythe will cut cleaner and leaves the cut grass long, still usefull for feed!

Speed. In my opinion, cutting a meddow early in the morning with dew still on, its faster and probably less tireing thain a weedwacker. Before l had my BCS l hand scythed a whole acre of neighbours hayfeald before lunch. I will not lye thugh, l had some help in the shape of redneck RedBull, aka homemade wine :smile:

Look at Tone, he owns 2 BCS walk behinds (that l know of) yet still he cuts grass the old way. There is something charming about this work, meditating… and the sounds that are made…

14 Likes

Kristijan, your arms may be half the size of Tone’s, but just as strong it seems :grin:

8 Likes

Kristjan and I are waiting for videos from Sweden and the Netherlands, … ??? :grinning::thinking:

8 Likes

JO, l seriously dubt that but we will see soon, planing a visit at Tone’s place soon. Perhaps l will be able to preswade him in a litle arm wresling duel :smile:

7 Likes

Could this be “Argos Slovenia”? We would also like to welcome members from Europe. :thinking::fire::grinning:

7 Likes

You want us to show off our biceps? :laughing:

7 Likes

Me? Still trying to get the swing. You dont need power, only the right moves. Lots of vids whits contests old/ new way. I didnt touch it for 8 months or so. Difficult to get it sharp enough. Really like the lack of sound. A few years ago we did this around Amsterdam somewhere with a few people. Jan, 93 years old, beat us all. Unstoppable, 30 deg C and moving. He was really happy that he was able to do this with a few like minded. His wife called and told him to stay in the shade…. Very nice day it was. Big castle on the background. Very special. So yes Tom, try it!

6 Likes

You boys count me in on the grass and weed cutting this morning also .

I think I am very much more likely to have break downs than Kristijan and Tone :confused:

14 Likes

Tone and Kritijan I am impressed and i would like to get me a scythe, but i am more fond of Wayne’s method. i am quite partial to Internal combustion engines, horsepower and hydraulics. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

11 Likes

I need to get a grass scythe, there’s places that are too cumbersome to mow or wasteful to break out the string trimmer.

6 Likes