Life goes on - Summer 2022

Tom you are just seeing the tip of the iceberg, under the water is the rest of the people that will be coming to the surface as the gas prices go up and cost for other things. My Dana dear doesn’t think this DOW is dumb idea anymore. She likes to travel. I said we will not be traveling much unless we can afford it. DOW will mean we can afford it. She is seeing the light of DOW. When I get the little 1996 Subrau Out Back going She might want a gasifier on her newer one it is a 2001 2.5 L engine. Time will tell.
Bob

6 Likes

Bob I guess you need to design a Dana Approved No Mess fuel bag.

5 Likes

Wish you was my next door neighbor.

3 Likes

Welcome to the DOW family Dusty! Where are you located at?

2 Likes

dont put no more money in bitcoin or cripto currency/ its going too crash hard after may 4th or little later, bidon and other goverments either out lawing or heavy fines, as cripto has a heavy carbon foot print. Acording too bitcoin original addvisor , the digetal dollar is the next money maker investment.

3 Likes

The animals get closer in the spring when the snow disappears

9 Likes

Ha. Logged on this morning to see we have a new member named Dusty Rhodes. Already smiling. I always wanted to be Slim Pickins but the name was already taken.
Same with Muddy Waters.

Welcome Dusty.

6 Likes

I saw a couple of posts from a day or two ago on wind and water turbines. I wondered if any of you read fieldlines. com forum or builditsolar.com
Kent

3 Likes

I saw a video pop up on my youtube subscriptions from Victory Gas works and I think they were recommending a particular blower. 42 bucks for the blower and 160 something for shipping. No reason for me to mention this. Just more proof that the world is wacking out.

4 Likes

I would like to see the price of Gold drop to $50.00 a oz. You might think are you crazy. No. That would just mean the petro USA dollar would be worth something again.
Bob

4 Likes

Well I’d say you should put yourself on high scam alert. Do not send money.
There is no VictoryGas Works active building and part selling anymore.
Just BenP selling books. Here:
Wood Gasifier Builder Set.
Click to the Amazon link : $40.94 USD Shipping depends on your own Amazon connections

And Amazon has jacked with the price of those a time or two.
E-bay askings can get downright weird at times too.

Ha! We all caught colds here. Mines the one hanging on and on. :face_with_thermometer: :sneezing_face:
And I broke off another tooth. :sob:
I think I’ll just go outside and eat worms. :bug: :rooster:
Don’t mind me.
I’m fine. I’m fine. :wilted_flower:
Steve Unruh

3 Likes

Been awhile but I check out builditsolor every now and then

1 Like

Oh.Oh. I see it now TomH
A youtube video where BenP is giving the info he had found on a company in-China to buy directly ONE AT A TIME a variable speed blower in 24VDC, 115 Vac, 220 Vac.
Not by the pallet load of 200 to 400 units.
The $140 shipping was for that one at a time, plus the expected importation duties, fees, and taxes.

O.K.
I have a Kerby Fourth Generation Power Drive all metal vacuum I got from Goodwill thrift for $29.
Couple of years later found in the same store an American Standard all metal hotel vacuum for $24. Hmmm. Made-in-China
Add a 1200 watt 12vdc to 115 vac inverter (going price `locally here ~$100 usd out the door. Also Made-in China) and I’ll suck your socks off. Noisy. But ohh what a blast.
Still got the Wife’s 40 year old FilterQueen all metal canister base squirreled away too. It’s much quieter.

Nope I ain’t no squirrel. Just one of those triple redundancies guys. Why, isn’t everyone else who’s practical? Little tap-tap hammer. Medium smack-smack hammer. And BIG whack-whack hammer.
S.U.

5 Likes

Steve with your linking knowledge do you or someone else have photos of them converted? I know John Stout used one too but he only had the one side profile.

2 Likes

Yup Steve my Kirby vaccum cleaner on my truck works great, talk about suction if I turn it on high. I used a cheap variable light dimming switch with push on push off button. Valved it for one vaccum control. No need for 5 biluge blowers at $40.00 each. Mine was free at the scrap yard. Note, On those Kirby vaccum cleaner the complicated safety switch goes bad. By passed it.
Bob

4 Likes

Bob do you just let it suck up the gas or do you also have it plumbed for flaring?

1 Like

Ahhh. No. Why would I.
Cody the tradition graduation test for from apprentice to a junior journeyman trademan is him making his own tool box. To put his one, by one accumulated tools into.
To go from wanna-be to apprentice you are given a dirty grungy repetitive task that can only be done with persistence, sweat, bit’o-skin-loss, and stick-to-it-ness.

You, my friend, are far past that challenge when you converted, and gas powered your Mazda.

Think about it. If a fellow cannot think through an upright vacuum conversion (a basic needed tool) you think he’d ever be able to operate a working gasifer system: let alone DIY build one?

Yeah. Yeah. I’m the real hard ass. Bad things happen, shtf, as it always does, and my type are the fellows to come and find. Dig in, and shoulder the needful working with.
All times; in all places; the guys and gals like me are the underlaying glues.
Our creed is PUSH! Pull! Or . . . get the hell outta the Way.
S.U.

6 Likes

WK set up use 2 seperate blower fans for pusher hlowers, and i think 3 fans too draw the fuel in direction of the motor. I dont know, but i think kirbys motors only turn in one direction,?

1 Like

I know about the WK bilge blower setup, I’m just wondering how Bob manages to do a flare since a Kirby doesn’t have a tubular exit like a blower can. Maybe he doesn’t bother with flares and just pulls on it until it’s warmed up enough.

It all in the valving Kevin, I can reroute the and make it a pusher blower, or a suction blower, or even a reverse blower, and also use it for flaring . I just change the valving and speed of the Kirby vaccum cleaner. I still have two old reverse blowers hooked in line but I do not use them they are back up if my Kirby stops working.
Bob

3 Likes