Life Goes on - Summer 2024

:grinning:yes, the die hards are not ok with the leather on top :grinning:. PM me your adres and I will send some real stuf

10 Likes

I’m curious as to why you would want to wear wooden shoes. When I was a kid my Danish grandmother had a pair we would put on and try and walk around in. Not far. :thinking:

10 Likes

Yes, they have to fit and you have to get used to it. Some people still use them every day. Robust and dry feed. This is from the time things had to be practical, not only good looks. However, Goran looks good in his “klompen”

Edit, had to check if it is correct what I am brabeling. I hope it translates.

De oorsprong van de klomp - Hotel Old Dutch.

9 Likes

Mr Wayne, she had a good laugh. And got really big eyes when I told her you shoot coyotes from your porch (or was it veranda?).
Crazy Americans, she said. It is her dream to have a place like yours.

10 Likes

Translates fine Joep. Thanks but I think I’ll stick to wearing sneakers. If your daughter wants a place like Waynes, not a problem. We have open borders, no paperwork required but you have to be non-white to get the free money and housing.

12 Likes

Good morning Joep.

I didn’t realize I had a veranda until JO and Kristijan were sitting on it . :grinning:

15 Likes

:grinning::grinning::grinning:you only know half the times you make me laugh. I wish more people had your humor. She can always get a paintjob in any ral colour :grinning:. And what about the wall in the south?

We just came back from a quick trip to Croatia, 1100 mls in 21,5 hrs. Not bad for an EV and really relaxed driving. But you see all kind of coloured there too, no croatians working. All coloured or Bosnian. No idea where they come from but not by boat or bicycle.

Tried to arange a stop in Slovenia but no time☹️. Stupid, the same with Plitvice lakes. Only been there once. Maybe really time for CZ meeting?

8 Likes

Today is Liboration Day. Thank you guys for that. Still some oldies jumping out of a plane today looking for some Nazis😀. To bad it was necessary to do that and all the lives lost. It is better to have a laugh then a fight. I hope the people in Ukraine and Gaza stay alive.

Now I stop until there is some real woodgas news.

14 Likes

Hey Joep

Just remember woodgas will wear out tires and cause the motor to use as much oil as gasoline :grinning:

12 Likes

I hope it will😀 At the moment more pv to burn tires. Up to woodgas in wintertime.

9 Likes

I honestly didn’t realize wooden shoes were so fancy. I thought they were thicker and bulkier, and didn’t have any stitching on them.

Since they are charred, you can probably sell them on Ebay as Authentic Swedish Odor eating clogs for 100 bucks.

9 Likes

Joep,

I don’t know the language. Does “klomp” come from the sound they make?

9 Likes

This was my excitement 9 days ago. Lots of tornadoes that day but no one died

21 Likes

Glad to hear you’re safe!

14 Likes

I have had a pair for many years and worn them a fair bit. Walking on pavement is not particularly enjoyable but if you are on soil, they are actually quite comfortable.

Not as pleasant as a well-fitting modern shoe but far better than an ill-fitting one.

12 Likes

Tom, I was looking at those metro engines as an alternative to a predator v-twin. De-rated for char gas the 670 v-twins can do what I want but only with a very long run time. A bigger engine with shorter run times would be a lot more convenient.

I agree the used Metros look expensive for what they are and more complicated to adapt to our purposes. The other engine type I’ve looked at are motorcycle engines. They want to run higher RPM than chargas will let them but… it’s a source of simpler, smaller displacement engines that a regular person can work on. 1.2L is a big engine for a bike but common enough in cruisers. At least online the cost for big bike engines is no better than used Metro’s though…

My current “best thought” is two 670cc v-twins (bought new), two genheads (though one big one belted to both engines could work) and one gasifier. There would be redundancy to limp on one engine if the other is out of commission. Generator use is basically constant load so the gasifier would only need to deal with a 2x turndown factor which isn’t too tough to design for as I understand it.

Of course then I see Matt with his stackable inverter generators and ask myself how big of a project I really want! If you make a thing you can surely fix a thing. I do like that aspect of the “roll your own” generator-gasifier setup.

7 Likes

I’m really looking for something water cooled that can be made virtually silent. I actually have something already. A 1980 Honda Civic engine, but it’s been sitting for about 25 years and I think it will take some effort to refurbish it.

8 Likes

I’ve seen mothball sized hail, but nothing like this. Need to get home; hopefully the sunroof survived.

Update: PTL no noticeable damage at home.

18 Likes

We were supposed to get hail and tornadoes but they didn’t develop that i heard of.

7 Likes

Took the exams for Technicial and General class ham radio last night. I’ve always thought it was interesting.
Not really interested in talking around the globe but at least now i will be legal to use the frequencys for local comms if i so choose.
To be honest it has been a distraction for me the last few weeks. But the exam is done now. So maybe i can try to get back to gassification. Or at least till my wife reminds me of the long list she has on the counter. :pensive:

17 Likes