Life goes on - Winter 2018

Billy , sorry to hear the sad news

3 Likes

Sorry to hear this Billy, more prayers coming for everyone in thier time of troubles and pain for the families In Jesus Name.
Bob

2 Likes

Hi Billy, well thats exactly what Ive been planning for 2019 and this is to commercialize the product. In fact I have a large email chain going with some big investors, a small rotary engine manufacture and distributors world wide. As you all have seen there has been a design change. I went ahead and did this because this is my last chance to make any changes. This year is it and I will be developing manufacturing process and nothing can change once this is built. My actual background is custom automated machine manufacturing. I was master machine builder and later was a field service repair engineer for machine tool company. So I have the back ground to build the machines that make the machines. Ive built a lot of automotive production systems, and all this has been the main driver for latest designs much more than the aesthetics. The latest design is very innovative with the four corner design. The gasifier and its filtering systems make up the actual enclosure system. This cuts out a lot of time and cost as we have to build the gasifier system regardless, but now we no longer need to build the supper structure to make up the enclosure.

So indeed Im way ahead of you haha The other thing it has only been very recently that I have felt the technology was evolved enough for a more broader market. 100% tar elimination, no condensate cleaning, and full automatic run mode was that requirement. So we will be stepping our marketing to a more mainstream level. Once I have built our manufacturing systems we could potentially produce a machine a day in the first year and later one an hour with this machine design. I am planning robot arms to weld later on. All corner sections all share the same architecture, so all can be replicated in the same process. More specific features will get handled in separate process. This is of coarse if we have the sales support.

Sorry to hear my friend, sending prayers your way

6 Likes

Billy, very sorry to hear about the sad news.

2 Likes

I still maintain we need an "unlike " button for such news. Very sorry to hear about people living a life more in true balance with what creation has provided us, felled by fossil fuel creations.

2 Likes

Turns out, of the two people in the car, the man was too intoxicated to drive so he had the woman drive. They were both smoking pot. They have her in jail now and are doing autopsy, etc. as part of the whole legal thing. I expect there will be charges of manslaughter or something of the like.

One correction though; they only had 6 children, not 7.

The 9 year old was with her and saw it happen, then he road his bike home 1.5 miles to tell his dad.
One of my closest friends there, her brother, found her being washed away by high water in the creek.

Erika and I have been out visiting around our community here. We all came from that community 5 years ago. All the other families here grew up with them. We’ve been trying to figure out funeral trip plans as not all of us can leave at one time. (Someone has to do the chores). Usually these people don’t do embalming and all that, just a funeral pretty fast. Homemade caskets and hand dug graves with wooden vaults.
But with the law involved, no one is sure how all the timing will go. Since they have to treat things as evidence etc…

It’s pretty sober and contemplative around here tonight.

1 Like

So sorry to hear. We are all just like sparks rising from a fire, then suddenly just cold dust. Every day is a gift, as there may not be another.

3 Likes

First and foremost Happy New Year everyone!

Electric cars do have some problems, but they are improving. There are people working on the problems at least. In the US, we weren’t looking for even cost parity until 2030, which is another decade.

The Grid was estimated to take around 6 trillion to just upgrade for reliability ie flattening in 2005. It was down to 3T a few years ago. If the estimates bumped up to 5T because of the addition of EVs, it isn’t that much. Especially given most of the oil/gasoline pipelines used for distribution are getting 50+ years old, and no one talks about the trillions needed to replace those.

What EVs are doing is putting downward pressure on the oil market, and we decoupled global and US economic estimates from oil 8 years ago as well as commodity markets. Roughly like 2M EVs were sold last year globally in 2017 an estimated 93M vehicles were sold. In the US those numbers are 350k and 17M. So there is kind of a fire sale going on with world markets on that news.

Actually, the 2009 Recovery and Reconstruction Act was a multi pronged approach. It was a bailout which was a band aid. But there was also considerable amount of effort to try and -begin- to address the root causes of economic issues to help prevent massive economic bailouts. What most people expected was an instant fix, and there just isn’t one. It is going to take decades.

Billy, I’m so sorry to hear about the disasters in your former community.
Sean, there is little recognition of what the true source of our economic problems is. If you take a few minutes to read a post, you will see that we are in a crisis of consumption brought on by automation.
http://www.energeticforum.com/315455-post3095.html

Good Morning Billy North,
This IS excellent real historic how-to-stumble-and-fail advice, you are giving.
This too rapid build-it-better-by-design has just in the last 15 years of the new-millennium time frame tanked f-o-u-r different gasifier system designers endeavor operations.
Henry Ford himself first mass production released his “T” model ( there were all of the letters of the alphabet models preceding this one - with two previous investors taken over companies). And still . . . he almost screwed the pooch on it. He initially personally insisted on inspecting/driving every finished production Model T off the line.
Was choking down deliveries to set-up dealers. Cash flow stalled. Until his “bookkeeper” stepped in and went to shipping, to push them out into delivery, to financially save the company.
True story.

Careful MattR,
This all markets rush has also happened before in the last ten years.
Then; it was also many factors driven too.
Enthusiasm only carries so far until . . .
some folks figure out that they will still be dependent on a buy-out fuel - even bulk wood if you have to have it “supplied” to you if you do not control the property source yourself
some folks find that a-n-y combustion machine; internal/external, even if made turn-key start to operated; WILL require after in-use some dirty nitty gritty maintenance - me scrubbing the wife’s been used holiday cooking pans, pots, crock-pot and utensils
some folks figure out that to make HC molecule-by-molocule build up chemicals works so much easier with already concentrated culture wastes cast offs like plastics and tires - and WHY can’t your system supports pellitized municipal urban wastes - dried pellitized hog farm and big production chicken operations manures - pure manures these - no bedding litter at all.

And once you do get market recognition expect a push-back, drag-down from toes perceived you have stepped on.

Also within the last 15 years experiences.
Steve unruh

6 Likes

In the US it is simply spending more then we make. 1.2 trillion leaves the country every year if you look at the “current account” data. Which causes a cash shortage in the US. To create more money, to replace the money that is lost and going into coffers overseas to never return, the government is deficit spending as it is the easy way to create the cash.

It is that simple. The solution, is to get it more even. The real question is -how- to do it. Which is going to take a =lot= of work and decades to do. There isn’t a simple answer nor an easy button. You have to chip away at it.

Robots actually help. You hire cheap labor. But with robots you don’t need cheap labor, you need skilled labor to program them, at which point the higher US wages start to become insignificant. And we don’t have the jobs to begin with, so it is actually a net gain in workers.

What? This robotic labor savings was proven false back in the 1950’s.
Rewatch Charlie Chaplin’s 1930’s “Modern Life”.
Watch and in detail absorb just what the W-brother were trying to present in their first two Matrix presentations.
The lasted great Ford motorcar commericial, saying that what got us to the moon was not genius-inspirations, artsie-fartsie inspirations, but millions and millions of man(woman)hours working to make it happen.

What people crave, want, and will eventually demand is jobs, work to create their own self-esteem. And those failing to perceive this, support allowing this; histories says will get swept aside.
S.U.

2 Likes

Hi Garry,
I sure you don’t mean killing tens of millions in Yemen. There are only
29 million in the country.

1 Like

Last word I heard was 20 million are facing starvation due to the Saudis cutting off food supplies, so sadly it is accurate. Plus cholera has been rampant in the country due to systematic destruction of health facilities, and attacks on water treatment, etc. No word on how many are dead already. It will always be the weak, the young and the old who succumb first.

Begs the question of how our media can ignore this story.

2 Likes

The middle east just can’t seem to shake the barbarism.

3 Likes

I agree with you 100% and you and I with a few others had talked about these cycles a while back. When I came in it was 2012 so still in the last turn down and as you say there were other things driving the market at that time. 2015 is when I started to see a steep drop in sales and that trend continued up until now. About this time is when I started looking at and trying to build better easier to build systems. I did ok and made some progress in those times but coming up a simple to build system was easier said than done. The more the market declined the more creative I started to get. As we have talked before these trends are cycles so I hung on to make to this next cycle. This time however, we will have a polished product to enter into this next cycle trend. You are one of very few that really understand the challenges of all this.

I agree not to develop manufacturing systems too fast. This is why it will be done in many phases. The first phase will be an absolute must and that will be to create fixtures for every part / system. No more building and setting up by hand that was just too time consuming. One of my criteria in the beginning was to become a job creator, I fought many mentors that wanted to outsource everything. This still has not changed. but as you know most these clients are also extreme high pressure: they want a machine and they want it now. So this is the challenge I must figure out. How do we build it faster? So this is one of many things that have drove the new machine design and eventually a path with automation process. Job creation is still very important to me. Price point is also an issue this market has its limits and our overseas clients have very high expectations. So there are a lot of challenges at play here. .

4 Likes

Certainly not while the international powers have overwhelming financial and political ties with certain states including huge arms deals. Once the oil is gone there won’t be support for this scale of criminality.

3 Likes

The main driver for me to make the switch to pellets was the new reactor. Once I figured out what I had actually created I saw value of its performance. The draw back is well the fuel has to be pellets!! So I now have to look at what the benefits are besides its better performance.

For bulk feed systems we can now use a much less robust auger feed system. Auger jamming was a problem and Im glad to never have to deal with that again :slight_smile:

Fuel standardization. This makes it easier for all acquire alike and consistent fuels, but this is not a complete 100% solution. But I think its about as close as we will ever get.

Machine down sizing is another benefit. This allows for less shipping cost and more cost effective manufacturing. However building smaller does not make it any cheaper to build really. There is some savings in materials cost and times savings in building. But components are still the same and still cost the same.

Fuel sources is an after thought in this, but indeed that is part of the vision to open up to these other alternative fuel sources. Will they work? That is still to be determined so I wont endorse those as possible fuel sources just yet. But this is the goal right along with Hemp fuel experimentation.

The big issue I face with pellets is with processing equipment for the end user. All stated above on top of the lower cost to produce this equipment will justify that equipment cost. Regardless if its a chip machine or a pellet machine the equipment comes at extra cost. The pellet machine version cost is nearly 50% of what the chip machine would cost If I were to build them today. So I think developing pellet processing equipment is justified. Also fuel storage is much more viable with pellets, high energy density pr volume less space is needed to store it. If the fuel needs further drying there are very simple ways to do it in a rack system. There is much more I just cant think of it all right now. Brian has been over taxed today :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Friendly public notice. Ive brought the economics stuff over into an email exchange here on DOW. If you find this interesting message me and I will include you into our discussion.

2 Likes

HI Billy and sorry allso about you extended famley being hurt in such a instant way too die. All of praying for the famley for shore.Lord be with you with his comforting angils and help.

5 Likes