Location for members

Curt; I also live in east Wisconsin. 50 miles north of Green Bay, in Crivitz. I am only into driving on wood, but if we are close, maybe we could get together to talk wood. I believe there are a couple of others in the area of east central Wi. I wish DOW was setup so we could click on a name and find what town they are fromTomC

5 Likes

I agree Tom, I took Mike L home to Lindon and I wondered how far I was from you! I’ve only seen Marvin W truck when he came by where I was staying in Nashville and Mikes set ups! Always interesting to see and meet DOWers!!

If members would not be so stingy with their profile and put in a little about themselves and where they live- even if it is a general area in a state- we could get to know each other a little better.:smile:

7 Likes

Are our profiles available to the general public? If so maybe some are reluctant for privacy/security reasons. I do like the idea of knowing where others are located.

3 Likes

Hi Tom, I actually live between Green Bay and Appleton. Its neat to know that there are guys nearby that are doing this same thing too. Sometime this winter if our schedules match up it would be neat to talk wood and see your setup. I have been up to Crivitz years ago on service calls, thats some pretty area up there.

We are set up for it… it’s voluntary though, and many haven’t bothered.

Yes. Put whatever info you are comfortable with, no more no less. I’m in Frankfort KY and anyone is welcome to come by.

1 Like

OK guys. I just added my home town to my profile. I can’t see what harm it would do to have your town on there. How do you do it you ask???

On the page you are on right now-- in the upper right hand corner is you profile picture. Click on it
Then a list will come down. in the upper left hand corner of the list is the word “profile”. Click on it
Down will come three choices — click on “preferences”
Next is a list of your profiles. Go to your name and add the location in parenthesis, then go to “location” and type in the town.
Then go to the top and click save. Kind of a pain in the ass but it sure would help others.

3 Likes

I checked and my town was already on my profile page. I was thinking though, if you put it in the first sentence or two of the little descriptive blog, it would show up when anyone clicked on your profile picture, and they wouldn’t have to even go to your whole profile page.

1 Like

How’s this look. I stuck my location in with my name…

3 Likes

To Don’s point, I still have my “wood gasser directory” if anyone wants to send me updates:

Stephen

Just updated my profile to include the “about me” info. When I finished, I received an Autobiographer’s Badge. Then I got to a page that showed 26 profile photos, and I saw that 26 of us now have profiles. I clicked on Wayne’s: He has posted 3873 replies. Clicked on Chris’s: 2761 replies. WOW! Thanks to both of you. Absolutely Fantastic.

3 Likes

Hi everyone just went by my profile and added info.

1 Like

Added to name, probably a good idea to use the largest metro as a reference. Tom I can totally nail down your address with just the little info you’ve given out. Being a little more obscure would just be a prudent action to take in this day and age.

1 Like

Jason you are probably correct about being a little more obscure, but with the internet you can find out a lot about a person with a minimal amount of information, if you really want to find it. Besides the town I live in what did you use to pin point my location? TomC

1 Like

Your full name, city and approximate age is all I would really need to get started. All of which, you have basically have given out on the forums. I haven’t looked you up, as I’m just sounding a worry for my new friends here. I removed my last name when I put in my closest metro for a city location and thought I should help you from unpleasant surprises.

https://utica.edu/academic/institutes/cimip/idcrimes/schemes.cfm
http://manvsdebt.com/top-16-pieces-of-your-information-identity-thieves-crave/

1 Like