This is what I did. I took an old aluminum pressure cooker, drilled a hole big enough for a one inch pipe to thread through the side near the top. With the pipe thread showing on the inside, I then screwed on a 90 degree elbow. I drilled a hole for a one inch pipe to screw into the cover of the cooker, again the threads show inside the cover.
Attach a female union and a threaded one inch close. Cut the close to length about a quarter inch from the bottom. It seemed to work ok. Everytime I opened it there would be some char residue and condensation in the bottom.
This was a 4 gallon pressure cooker.
You could do the same with a smaller container and some floor flanges, and pipe fittings.
If you are still getting some particulate coming through, then take a can small enough to allow the gas to circulate inside the proposed cyclone. fasten the smaller can to the pipe with a floor flange inside the cyclone. punch some holes in the smaller can and wrap it in a wool sock. In the 4 gal. Cooker I used a number 10 veggie can. Yes it was open on one end. I adjusted my inside pipe and mounted the can with a one inch floor flange so that the can sat on the bottom surface inside the cooker. wrapped it in an old wool sweater that I picked out of somebody’s garbage.
This was a very good cyclone filter for my char gasser. I got lovely blue flames. All together, I had about 25 dollars invested. The cooker, num. 10 can, and sweater were all picked out of the garbage. Only the pipe fittings, and floor flanges were bought new. Adjust your pipe size to the amount of gas that the engine needs. I wanted to power 3.5 - 10 horse ICE. With char gas
So one inch pipe was good for me
Hope this helps. sorry I don’t have any pictures, or drawings.